04 GP EQ changes on presets

jmoore4294

So why is it that, on 4 of my presets on the factory stereo, the EQ is set to what I want, and on the other 2 presets, it defaults to EQ 1 no matter what I do. I can change the EQ, but when I change to another preset it defaults back to EQ 1. It's quite annoying to change it to one of those 2 presets and have your entire car shook and your ear drum blown. If there is a way to fix it, let me know. Otherwise I'll just change it every time I listen to one of those stations.

In my Regal, if you set a preset while on a specific EQ, it would save it under that EQ. Go back to the station, set the EQ, then set the preset again and see if that works.

• 4 weeks later...

You have the updated stereo in the 04.

You need to set your eq to what you want. Then resave the preset.

example:

Listening to 102.9 fm. Set the eq to "jass" or what-ever. Then choose the location of the preset (number 6) press and hold the 6 in until you hear a beep. Then when ever you turn to that channel it will set your eq.

Actually I got it to work. Last time, I was just saving the preset with the custom EQ over the same preset and station. So I changed each preset to a different station, then went back and saved my stations with the custom EQ, and it works now.