• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Night Fury

• jake91

• stevegasm

• ZoomZoomFan

not very much at all actually.......i give it 3/4 throttle several times a day tho... thats all it needs and im gone :gears:

what how i am its more like 1-2 times a week wot and 1-2 times a day 3/4 most of my acceleration is 1/2

Shit, I was whippin around Philly after a Craigslist transaction and I was in a driving fast mood (since i missed the onramp to 76 and still wanted to get home soon) and I hit WOT like 20 times. Its not that hard in a 3.1 but shit i was killing it around turns

Whenever possible. I'm hard on my cars, but the insides are always gunk-free. Haven't killed a tranny yet. :lol:

my philosophy.......you beat on yer car once in a while and give it excersize, it becomes tough....you baby it, and treat it like a pussy... it will be weak and break.

Depends which car..

TGP: several times a day.. between the chip, BOV, and new K&N, it makes for a fun ride. :burnout:

91 GP: On occasion. Shes old and has some miles on her. I think I've only gone wot 2-3 times since I've had the car. I usually let it shift at about 3-4k RPMs.

Here's my W and non-W list:

I don't much in my PA, but it takes WOT to hear the supercharger whine in that thing (stock everything). With the PA it has a lot of miles, over 200k now :mrgreen: It saw WOT alot this last weekend in the cities, f@^#ing idiot drivers up there :mad: I mean in a 70 mph zone, why is it that there is 1 guy in the slow lane doing 55, and another on the fast lane doing 56????? then you get around that idiot and 2 miles up you run into the same shit :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: If I lived up there, I swear I'd probably start shooting people. :lol:

The Z24 gets driven harder than almost anything else and it likes it. I don't usually get it past 4k because it has had a strange issue with cutting out at WOT around 3500-3750, but at 85-90% WOT, it will run to 4500, it feels like a fuel cutout issue. I changed the fuel filter 2 or 3 times, I also changed out a bad 02 sensor, and that helped somewhat, but not completely. I think it may be an issue with the FPR, but haven't changed it because it runs great, and get great milage, besides in the Z24 you hardly ever need WOT unless your racing.

In my 94 Cutlass when I first bought it, it had 67k, and for over a year I never went WOT with it. After the shop botched the tranny job on it, it saw WOT almost always unless I was trying to conserve gas.

My 91 International will see WOT after it gets broke in every once in awhile. I plan on using synthetic from mile 0 and always run it although my cousin reccomended running conventional for the first 500 or so miles, then change it to synthetic. He has done that with both his new bikes.

My 99 Grand Voyager see WOT alot to get on the freeway :lol: damn gutless 3.3's. It actually doesn't need WOT unless it's very busy, but even at 1/2 throttle your milage drops 80% it seems like :lol:

My 98 XJ has only seen WOT durnig the test drive and maybe twice on the highway, quite a bit out in the mud :mrgreen: It's got enough torque to pas usually without kicking down, or even releasing the TCC.