03 Impala wheel hub replacement problem

CuttySupreme

I am trying to replace my wheel hub on my impala. I got all the bolts off and the big axle nut, off after much sweating and cursing, but couldn't get the hub to separate. So in my angry frustrated stupor I started prying it off and it started budging or so I thought, the outer cv joint was budging and came with it.

I know I am going to need a puller to separate the hub from the axle. But I have never done anything with a cv joint. How do I get the cv joint put back in right?

Thanks in advance

I am trying to replace my wheel hub on my impala. I got all the bolts off and the big axle nut, off after much sweating and cursing, but couldn't get the hub to separate. So in my angry frustrated stupor I started prying it off and it started budging or so I thought, the outer cv joint was budging and came with it.

I know I am going to need a puller to separate the hub from the axle. But I have never done anything with a cv joint. How do I get the cv joint put back in right?

Thanks in advance

Step-by-step I have done this countless times

19mm socket, remove wheel

2 18mm bolts, remove caliper bracket with caliper attatched

Hold caliper assy up with whatever to strut

Remove rotor

Remove axle nut, 35mm

Thread axle nut socked on a tad bit to keep from damaging threads, hit with hammer to break axle loose in hub

Remove 3 13mm bolts holding hub to knuckle

Unclip ABS sensor plug and unplug

Hammer out hub assy, best if hammered on the backside to the side. A airhammer may be neccessary

Once loose, hit end of halfshaft again to drive it outta hub, remove hub from knuckle..

And like I said, a airhammer may be NECCESSARY.. The hubs love to corrode to the knuckle.