painting calipers

jake91

what color should i paint my calipers  

1. 1. what color should i paint my calipers

Mine are painted red on my 96, (car is light blue) and they look okay. To be honest, if they weren't already painted I wouldn't have painted them.

But if you are going to paint, I say silver or black. And use the heat temp paint...I painted the ones on my Laguna a cast gray to make them look original (since that was the look I was going for) and I used engine paint...and it's holding up fine.

I tried silver on my regal and it didn't turn out well. Its simply nothing special. I wanted something that would stand out a little bit more, so I'd say red would have been better. Black will look completely stock after a couple of months when enough dust gets on them.

Red, if done right, looks great.

IMG_0219.jpg

I think we have the same color of cars, and I posted this same question awhile back and decided on black, and I'm very happy with the results.

The red in the picture is the brand of ceramic pads I bought.

Leon

100_0546.jpg

Leon, you and I both have Bright Aqua Metallic cars. Jake has Light Cloisonne (sp?) Metallic. It is actually a light blue instead of a turquoise.

oh shit :eek: :confused:

sorry :redface:

kinda hard to tell the difference between the two colors.

that why i thought blue would look good. i love red calipers, but i just dont think i would like how they looked on a blue car though

how long will i get with high heat paint

Depends.. None of it lasts that long..

I'm going ~20 months and still looks fresh. (Cleaned the brake dust off once with a plastic brush) I used duplicolor hi-temp engine enamel.

hell if i can get around 2 years out of it. i dont mind recoating it occasionaly

For me they dont last that long. they start to chip if you try and clean them. god forbid if you have to change pads.. Powder coating isnt very expensive and its permanent, I would just go with that.