Rear glass - defroster clip broken off one side

DavidHowell3633

Any suggestions on resoldering the clip back on? This looks like it's an awkward job. How the heck to hold the clip and solder when gravity isn't helping? Is it worth it to remove the back glass and lay it down on the trunk for this? Thanks and Happy New Year.

Do you have a link to that kit Jeremy. My rear window defroster only works on half the wires in my winter beater. i would like to fix it but not at the expensive of having to change the window.

Thanks Jeremy, i will have see if i can get it at the local car parts place here, if not i will just order it of the net. looks pretty straight forward and simple to do. that should solve my problem.

• 1 month later...

I ordered and installed the Frostfighter clip from the kit following directions.

I used a hairdryer since it's Winter to help the curing along. It works. However, there is an unheated strip horizontal at the clip's line. I don't know what I may have done wrong, but it is better than it was, of course.

Thanks for everyone's help. Considering the wait time, which wasn't bad, and cost, which wasn't terrible, one might consider CrazyK's suggestion and try going the Autozone route.