antenna ?

jake91

this is a perfect opportunity to shave the antenna, it will clean the rear end up nicely

I'd rather have reception than a "clean" rear end. IMO of course.

ask slick about what other kind of antennas you can get. I think there are ones that can sit in/on the rear window on the inside and some work fairly well.

Yeah, there is an antenna that sits inside at the top of the window. Held on by double sided tape, and is powered (supposidly gets a bit better reception from the few people that I know that have used it). IIRC, they aren't expensive either.

this is a perfect opportunity to shave the antenna, it will clean the rear end up nicely

enlighten me as to why shaving the antenna would give you no reception.....

enlighten me as to why shaving the antenna would give you no reception.....

No antenna means decreased reception. That is what I'm trying to avoid as I listen to radio stations based out of town on a regular basis.

who said anything about no antenna? I said shave the antenna, which typically involves mounting the antenna mast inside a fender, trunklid, etc....reception typically isn't effected very much, if at all.... let me try to dig up a pic of two of when I did this to one of my old Probes

here are two pics that I could find....these show the mast mounted on the inside of the rear hatch/trunk area.

shaveant2.jpg

shavedant.jpg

this pic is from a fiero, showing mounting the mast inside the front fender

fieroant.jpg

I intend to do something different. I would add a hidden antenna and leave a power antenna in the down postion and disconnected. I also would have it setup so I can re-enable to power antenna with a switch, and be able to manually switch which antenna I would use.

SLICK any links on info about the antenna you mentioned?

I used to have a power antenna. Then I didn't want to go down anymore.

One day I went through a touch car wash. Now I don't have an antenna anymore.

I intend to do something different. I would add a hidden antenna and leave a power antenna in the down postion and disconnected. I also would have it setup so I can re-enable to power antenna with a switch, and be able to manually switch which antenna I would use.

Whyyyyyy?

I will probably just upgrade the antenna in the Blazer to a 1994+ one...

The van does not have an external antenna...It is IN the roof. Doesn't do too bad either.

I like thwe concept of the old fords like the crown vic with the antenna button for up or down

i loved it. my moms old mercury cougar had that

The van does not have an external antenna...It is IN the roof. Doesn't do too bad either.

Yes, but your roof is fiberglass! I saw one of those... it is a giant "gold foil" sheet, with a divisional "0" in the middle, so it looks to be a two part antenna sheet.

This is the stupidest idea you've ever had :lol:

This is the stupidest idea you've ever had :lol:

Not really. I'd just like to not have to do any body work.

It would be different on a car like my 94 black car, which will need a complete re-paint to sell.

I intend to do something different.  I would add a hidden antenna and leave a power antenna in the down postion and disconnected.  I also would have it setup so I can re-enable to power antenna with a switch, and be able to manually switch which antenna I would use.

Your idea is pretty dumb.

The one we used- http://www.scosche.com/products/sfID1/151/sfID2/154/sfID3/154/productID/1052

Similar Styled- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Universal-Am-Fm-Hidden-Windshield-Antenna-Car-Radio-New_W0QQitemZ110333945585QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item110333945585&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A727%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318