antenna ?

jake91

through the trunk. A few bolts and it comes out from the bottom. its pretty easy. Just be caful not to loosing the bolts. Get something to hold them, or you will loose them in the rear quarter panel.

I believe they're pretty expensive just FYI. Have you looked into pricing? I'd be interested to hear what you find/found out. Mine works fine, but pricing would be a good thing to know IMO.

well then if i can find anything at the pick n pull i will leave it as it is because 65 is to much.

You're not kidding! That's way too much for an antenna. I was fortunate enough to get a new one with my car when I bought it and just had to install it. I hope you can find one! I wouldn't want a stationary mast either.

I hate stationary masts, very tacky. Both of my cars had stationary masts and i wired both for power antennas when i bought them. I recommend a power antenna out of a cadillac from the later 90s as they seem to be stronger . I will one day figure out how to make The power antenna heated so it doesnt freeze in the winter though

I hate stationary masts, very tacky. Both of my cars had stationary masts and i wired both for power antennas when i bought them. I recommend a power antenna out of a cadillac from the later 90s as they seem to be stronger . I will one day figure out how to make The power antenna heated so it doesnt freeze in the winter though

Or maybe make it water tight so ice cannot form in the lower portions? I believe that was what was keeping mine up all of six inches. Unless the motor itself freezes. :question:

It would be very hard to make the antenna itself water tight. You'd need super small seals on each section of antenna.

I was thinking more along the lines of just sealing the bottom section where all the water seeps to. Mine still worked when it the temperatures were in single digits, it just couldn't go down completely. It stayed up about 6". I presume that was from ice, although I don't know what I'm talking about half the time. :mrgreen:

but then it would just freeze in the middle part

How? Water only pools at the bottom of mine where it can sit. I don't see how it could do that to the upper sections, but whatever. Chances are I have no clue what I'm talking about.

I have tried unplugging both of my antennas for the winter but the reception sucks. The only lubricants that are supposed to be used on power antennas for cleaning and lubrication is silicone spray or mineral spirits