97 CS trunk panel is coming loose

npfd

Hi there,

I've noticed on the 97 Cutlass Supreme, 4 door, and the trunk panel (where it's written Cutlass Supreme SL, and where the keylock is) is coming loose. I took the panel off and noticed that around 3 bolts have broken from the trim piece, will all the nuts are fine from within the trunk.

I was wondering if anyone has dealt with this before and know of a solution to fix these bolts so the trim piece can fit be tight. One way we are thinking of doing, is just gluing the bolts on the trim piece.

any ideas?

Thank you

Same thing happened to my 95 cutlass sedan, i took mine off since all the bolts and plastic clips broke.

Only way i know to fix it would be to get a new panel, or some new bolts from a junkyard panel.

Thanks dudes, when the weather warms up here in Canada, we will probably just glue the bolts on and bolt the trunk panel on and hope for the best.

I don't think junk yards here keep these panels, they usually crush the body of the car... Then I'm pretty sure the exterior of the panel is not in the greatest shape.... since we taken care of ours..

I find they should have made the panel out of full metal and not the plastic holders for the bolts.... oh well

• 2 weeks later...