wipers are f***ed up

swift13

i turn my wipers on like normal and when i turned them off they stayed up instead of tucking into the cowl (98 GTP)

How do i fix this problem?? any help would be great thanks in advance.

i know this has happened to other people but i never got a real fix remark from anyone and it just happened to me so this sucks

This is a common problem on second-gens. My buddy has a '97 and his had a recall.

He said its something within the linkage is a weak metal and bends causing the wipers to stay up. Wish I had more information for you.

well they still work its just when you turn them off they go up like a field goal instead of down into the cowl. were your friends still working or just broke in the up position??

im thinking maybe a short or a reversal of polarity or something but i am unsure how to fix with the simplest solution

well they still work its just when you turn them off they go up like a field goal instead of down into the cowl. were your friends still working or just broke in the up position??

im thinking maybe a short or a reversal of polarity or something but i am unsure how to fix with the simplest solution

My buddies worked but when you shut them off they would stay stationary.

Make sure there is no snow/ice near the cowl. Sometimes if I don't clear that area out well enough my wipers stick like that. Once I clear the snow they go back down. Stupid, yes. Simple. YES!

there was no snow in the cowl

But when it happened yesterday i turned them on and turned the car off while they were in the down position and pulled the fuse. today i needed them and put the fuse back in and They worked the right way and tucked back in when i shut them off.

so maybe it was a reversal or something but killing the power set it right

I dunno and i dont care as long as they work

Thanks for all the info.