Cool Running

tdvs

mine likes to run around 200 but i think thats because its always 90+ degrees outside

Mine will run 150 on 100 degree days. I'm running stock (I presume) exhaust. The mufflers were replaced in real early '06 with stockers I believe.

It shouldn't run that cold. If it truly is not warming up above 150, then the thermostat is stuck open.

Even when my fans didn't work (bad relay) it would still never get above 150 when I'm driving it. When I was at a stop light with no fans, it would raise about 30 degrees to about the 180 degree mark mentioned above. If it sits for a while it will raise, but once I get moving again it's back to 150 within a full mile.

It shouldn't run that cold. If it truly is not warming up above 150, then the thermostat is stuck open.

That what I was thinking. Guess there's one way to find out. I'll pull it and see.

Thanks all, Tom

Mine has always ran at 150 unless it sits. The air coming in through the radiator is enough to keep it that cool I guess.

Mine as well... I'm convinced it's a bad cluster. You and i have the same cluster, and I'm convinced they're inaccurate. Does your needle ever go above the biggest line on the left closest to the middle? I hardly ever see mine do that.

Yep, that's what I'm thinking. And yes, it will use a bunch more fuel when the engine can't get up to temperature.

Mine has always ran at 150 unless it sits. The air coming in through the radiator is enough to keep it that cool I guess.

Mine as well... I'm convinced it's a bad cluster. You and i have the same cluster, and I'm convinced they're inaccurate. Does your needle ever go above the biggest line on the left closest to the middle? I hardly ever see mine do that.

It's been up to almost 200 when 1) the fans didn't work and 2) when it sat for ~ 15 minutes running (in a parade).

you were probably at 230-240 then if the cluster is bad because in traffic mine can get to 220-230 and i end up turning on the heater to cool it off

I've had 3 clusters in my car and all three have shown the same for me...It will go up if I don't have the A/C on but only until the fans kick on.

As for checking to see if the T-stat's stuck open

U could probably squeeze the coolant hose right after a cold start, if it's harder than it was before you started it, then then T-stat's stuck OPEN.

As for checking to see if the T-stat's stuck open

U could probably squeeze the coolant hose right after a cold start, if it's harder than it was before you started it, then then T-stat's stuck OPEN.

Will try that first.

Thanks again all, Tom

I have experiences both cluster glitches, and bad T-stats, AND bad sensors. Try a T-stat first. running an engine at 150 degrees is not good either, it kills fule mileage and all you know.