Hows this for for a set up idea

ZacksZ34

okay in the next few weeks ill be starting to install after market audio components in my car as money permits me!!!!

Here's what im gonna go with

Kenwood headunit

4x6 and 6x9inch Rockford Fosgate 2ways

all this together will run me around 430bucks brand new

amplified? Didn't u say u hated your car?

not amplified and i never hated my car its just that seems awfully funny that every time I get paid my car breaksdown!!!! which its running like a champ now i just need a few things here and there for it

what model #s are you looking at?

ill get them for you when i go back to the shop where im gonna get em! my only intentions was to buy a headunit then i started to talk to one of the workers and he started to show me a few different speakers,(pioneer a series, c series, and the rockford fosgates)

buy them online and save yourself a bunch, i'd save the cash and amplify them

well the headunit is 109.99 onsale and that includes the installation fee and a lifetime warranty on there work

the 4x6s are 50-60bucks

and the 6x9s are 100bucks

and the best thing was the guys will cut some deals as long as the boss aint around!!! also he drives a sweet Grand Prix gt 4dr that he modded some as soon as i found that out i handed him a w-body.com business card

well the headunit is 109.99 onsale and that includes the installation fee and a lifetime warranty on there work

the 4x6s are 50-60bucks

and the 6x9s are 100

and I bet that they can be found cheaper online....get the model #s and take a look

the 4x6s are 50-60bucks

and the 6x9s are 100

and I bet that they can be found cheaper online....get the model #s and take a look

Support your local shop instead! The equipment you buy at the shop is guaranteed and so is the install. Anything you get online will have a factory warranty (if the seller decides to honor it). If you get a defective part from a website or ebay seller and you need to send it back then you will most likely need to pay shipping there and back, not to mention you will be driving around with no radio or speakers for a week or more. If you buy it from the shop all you need to do is bring it back and they should install a new one for you on the spot

Also, if you buy a radio and speakers online any shop is going to charge you WAY more to install it then they would if you bought it from them. We charge $60 for a supplied radio (plus parts) at my shop. Not to mention $110 for a radio installed is damn good. Im guessing for that price its the Kenwood KDC-138, which is Kenwoods base radio. If i were you i would save a little more money and go with a better radio.

I'll talk down a local shop on their price, but it's a must to review on-line pricing so you don't offend them or get laughed at.

no way in hell they are going to lay a finger on my car though.

I'll talk down a local shop on their price, but it's a must to review on-line pricing so you don't offend them or get laughed at.

no way in hell they are going to lay a finger on my car though.

Very few, if any shops will be able to beat, or even meet a online price. Hell we cant even meet best buy or circuit citys prices most of the time. What you are paying for at a shop is the knowledge and experience of the people working there, whether is be salesmen or installers. You are also paying for the convenience of being able to go back to the shop with questions or concerns.

I am friends with all the shop owners in town. well, just the custom car audio shops.

they are all into my car and system and like to see the stuff they sold to me installed in a unique way. and will sell me at their cost basically so I send others to shop there in return. then the salesmen take it from there.

I do all my own work, but still I will bs with them an pick their brains. I won't stand around and annoy them or get in their way, but we all meet up and go out drinking at the bars after the spl comps. lately its been a pretty big deal in the summertime, we got local rap artists doing shows too. I love the town I live in.

That sounds badass dude, im jealous! Theres really no such thing as SPL comps around here. Sometimes one of the few shops that have a mic will bring it to the wednesday night cruise nite. But thats about the extent of it. We dont really have many local rappers either.

this is my buddy Jake's new music video. man, some of this guys stuff pounds so hard in my system. his mom used to be a co-worker, thats how I know him. he moved to kali though. My business sponsors his shows in return for an advertising spot on the show flyers. they fly up to play here in 2 weeks, then the whole crew comes to my house to kick it and bump the new shit for the next album thats not out yet.

they want to hear it play on my home system and hear it in the car too, cuz they both pound hard. lol, just for reference. every cd hits harder then the last.

and here check out some cuts on this website: http://www.gamestaz.com/

Also, if you buy a radio and speakers online any shop is going to charge you WAY more to install it then they would if you bought it from them.

installing a new radio and replacing stock speakers in a w-body is a cake job and anyone who pays to install a basic HU/replace stock speakers in a w-body is throwing their money away...

Addicted2Trebble is probably right about the local shop bit. I took my ride to a local shop and was able to buy the 6 X 9's way cheaper than advertised anywhere.

They had some deal where you buy the head unit at a pretty crappy price to be honest, and then you can buy the front speakers or rear speakers for super-ultra cheap. So, the guy who runs the place told me that he rang in all of the sales as being combos and somehow "fudged the receipts" for those who elected not to get the speakers and then just sold the speakers for about $50 a pair IIRC.

There's all sorts of that stuff going on, you just have to snuff it out, it's not going to show up in the papers, etc.

Addicted2Trebble is probably right about the local shop bit. I took my ride to a local shop and was able to buy the 6 X 9's way cheaper than advertised anywhere.

They had some deal where you buy the head unit at a pretty crappy price to be honest, and then you can buy the front speakers or rear speakers for super-ultra cheap. So, the guy who runs the place told me that he rang in all of the sales as being combos and somehow "fudged the receipts" for those who elected not to get the speakers and then just sold the speakers for about $50 a pair IIRC.

There's all sorts of that stuff going on, you just have to snuff it out, it's not going to show up in the papers, etc.

It's so easy my girlfriend can put a deck in her cutty by her self.

well like i said before i would rather have a shop do it right the first time and not worry about problems later on down the road!!!! and like also i said before the guy i talked to who works there said he will get me some deals on what i want!!!!!

okay got you guys the parts numbers on the stuff im lookin into and pics of what they look like

652_800_256.jpg

Kenwood KDC-MP208 CD player with mp3 hook ups

p1462c.jpg

Rockford Fosgate Punch P1462C 4x6's

p1692c.jpg

Rockford Fosgate Punch P1692C

It's so easy my girlfriend can put a deck in her cutty by her self.

Its so easy that I had someone whos never wired anything or intalled any stereo equipment install my brand new head unit in my lumina as I was driving on the highway. Thats what occupied us for the first 20 minutes. We had about 9 more hours to kill, with a new head unit of course.

well like i said before i would rather have a shop do it right the first time and not worry about problems later on down the road!!!! and like also i said before the guy i talked to who works there said he will get me some deals on what i want!!!!!

all this together will run me around 430bucks brand new

ok...online stores, not even eBay, that deck is $75, Punch P1462C are $45, Punch P1692C are $45 for a total of $165, plus shipping. You would have those to your door for under $200

Compare that $200 to the $430 they want....do you still think the guy you know that works there is getting you a good deal?

The install is a completely cake job, all three items can be done in well less then an hour and require only the knowledge of matching colors....I would honestly trust my three old to match up the colors of the wiring....hardly worth the extra $230-250 difference, IMHO of course. If I were going to spend $430 on a HU and speakers I would end up with a much better deck, and definitely nicer speakers then some entry level 2ways....

Also, if you buy a radio and speakers online any shop is going to charge you WAY more to install it then they would if you bought it from them.

installing a new radio and replacing stock speakers in a w-body is a cake job and anyone who pays to install a basic HU/replace stock speakers in a w-body is throwing their money away...

Trust me ive seen some bad hack jobs on even the simplest of jobs.

If you were to get that stuff done at my work you would be looking at about $400, i just picked the closet speakers i could to those since we dont sell Rockford. Dont forget that you will need a dash kit, antenna adapter and a wiring harness as well. Plus if your Z has the Bose system that will most likely need to be bypassed. Most Bose systems do although on that car you may be able to just hook up the amp turn on and it will work. Honestly its a job you could probably handle yourself, but at the same time its never a bad idea to support your local car audio shop!

one of the worst hack jobs I have ever seen was when I took my luxury van to a place called Good Guys and they built boxes and installed all the wiring and equipment for me. That is how I got into installing my own stuff, from taking it to the wrong shop and getting screwed by those douchebags. I had to literally re-do everything and it took forever. the last thing I wanted to do was bring my vehicle back and have them hold it again and procrastinate forever while I have no transportation. they were so slow and retarded. but--they went out of business :lol:

so if you take it to a shop, take it to a good shop and don't let the name fool you :lol:

Your drove a conversion van!!?? (Sorry "luxury van") :willynilly:

I cant imagine why that shop went out of business lol. You should have demanded your money back PLUS labor rate for their fucked install you had to fix!

yep, back when I was in college.

party van! -it was great back when gas was more reasonable.

dads old 89 ford explorer conversion van with leather and oak trim. close to 40 grand new when my dad bought it. he sold it to me for 6 back in '93 or '94. I drove that thing all over oregon like I was retired with a motorhome.

and that shop I took it to, no, they would not do anything about it. they said that the one guy that did the install transferred to another store in california and they didn't know what the deal was but it was between me and him. also the store would always go bankrupt and then re-open later then close again :rolleyes: but if you walk in there, they look legit and have good deals and you are tempted to give them good money.