GTP Didn't pass inspection

Addicted to eaton

I've seen both broken on a Swift before. GM uses links that just can't take any abuse. The ones on the minvans are the worst, with 30k on them they make noise..same with the Cobalts, Equinox, etc, etc, etc....The end links are a little different in newer GMs although I have never seen how they are set up o nthe gen2 GPs. New GM ones have small dinky joints that look like they are from an Aveo and they use the same one for the Equinox lol..it's silly.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Addicted to eaton

• 1990lumina

• slick

• Breakdown

When i worked at the Chevy dealer, Trailblazers = Links everytime cust complained of a rattle. Ive replace front and rear. Also check the sway bar insulators as well because ive seen quite a few worn causing the sway bar to move side to side causing a noise.

but once one is broken, how do you break the other, there shouldnt be any load on it. I dunno. Its mystifying to say the least

Unless maybe they both broke simultaneously? Like one after the other? Or they were just both so bad that one broke, and the other gave way from the sway bar just bouncing around so much? The factory end links blow ass, they go on the 2nd Gen's all the time!

the bigger dealers do it. in Chillicothe.. i think.. idk lol. If they did it. i passed with no problem lol. So the end links is causing the annoying popin noise in the rear. I thought it was the struts. thats why i was going to replace it... so any pictures of the end links. wear the are? i know nothing about that kinda stuff.