3400 Intake Color?

AWeb80

I'm Biting The Bullet And Doing The Swap. My Current Plenum is gloss black and my intake pipe is bright white. i want to powdercoat the upper and lower intakes the same color. i'm just wondering if too much black will hold the heat. i'd like to do white, but not sure how that would contrast. last option is silver/aluminum. thoughts?

I did my intakes in silver/aluminum, I think it looks great. :smile: A flat black would look good also.

i wouldnt be too concerned about the heat. i think it will make minimal difference if any

Agreed.

When I do my swap Im going black with either polished or blue 3400 lettering. Most painted 3400s Ive been looking at have been in every color car but white, so its kinda hard to tell what color looks good for sure.

Isn't your car a 96' adam?

If it were me, I would save up the money for either a 3500/3400 hybrid or jump on the L67 bandwagon.

But If you are set on just doing the intake swap, silver, Black lettering, with a large port 3100 intake, or blank.

no, 94....

OBD II and 3400 Mutt engine someday.......wewt

new rockers available soon.....and I'm wanting headers BAD...I could do it, just need the time and space.....*AWeb calls dad*

ah ok I was gona say if it was a 96' that would be too easy to make swaps work in.

I'll be honest. I love the TDC, and I wouldn't swap it for a L67 any day of the week. but If i had a 3100, It would be getting removed for a L67 swap first chance I got.

but, yeah, those intakes should help, and if you could get some decent headers made that would help it out a good bit.

why heads?

nobody else has told me to

Ah... yes, John is correct. In order to use the 3400 intakes you need to change to roller rockers, and the roller rockers require a notch to be in the head for them to seat properly. A 1994 would not have the provisions, however some late 1995 3100s already were provisioned for the roller rockers.

I have heard of some people grinding away at the LIM to make the stamped rockers work with the new intakes, but I do not know if that is fact or fiction.

You can grind away material on the 3400 intakes to make them work. Several people have done this.

I Thought So. I Have A Dremel I Can Use. And Rob, I Would Like To Swap In The Whole Motor, But Time And Money I Don't Have For A Project Like That. Someday Yes.