Quater seals alert

Doc

Don't buy that used shit!!!!

I'm the guy that did that camaro/firebird swap. It looks awesome and you can buy them new for $40.00 a side on GMpartsdirect.com or get 'em at a boneyard.

Check these posts there are pics and directions I think under "solution for rear window weatherstrip"

Look also at members rides I just posted pics of the finished car.

"THIS AUCTION IS FOR THE PAIR OF REAR WINDOW SEALS FOR CUTLASS CONVERTIBLE 1991-1995 THEY ARE USED BUT SUPER NICE ONE"

What part of the first line where he clearly stated they were used did not you understand?

Calm down some people don't have time to read 100% of every ebay auction posted here.

"THIS AUCTION IS FOR THE PAIR OF REAR WINDOW SEALS FOR CUTLASS CONVERTIBLE 1991-1995 THEY ARE USED BUT SUPER NICE ONE"

What part of the first line where he clearly stated they were used did not you understand?

• 6 months later...

that is a ridiculous price, i think i will let my quarters rot before i pay something like that for a strip of rubber

x2, I'm very thankful mine are 100% perfect.

Yeah, I wasn't happy about paying that much for two strips of rubber like you said, but I've been looking for a few years .. and these are the only NOS ones, still in the GM plastic wrapper, that are soft and not brittle. I wasn't aware of the Camaro interchangeability ... had I been, I might have looked into that.

My biggest complaint with these cars is that so few were made (compared to the 60's and 70's muscle cars) that I don't expect there will be much "after market" or reproduction parts made for them. Its too bad .. cause this is one awesome looking car (just cheap cheezie GM parts!!!) and a motor that is ridiculous to maintain.

But ... I'm a sucker for a nice looker ... will keep my as close to original as I can. Hopefully one day it will be worth something.

As of today, 3/19/09, there is a seller on eBay "niceoldz", who has a brand new NOS set of Quarter Window seals up for bid. I bought a pair from him 2 weeks ago and they are nice .. in original plastic wrap. They've been going for over $200 .. his reserve is $199. If you don't mind paying this price, they are NOS.

Here's the URL for the eBay listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=270360781984

Not sure how many sets he has ... this is the 3rd set I've seen (I bought one of them). Good luck.

• 4 months later...

I'm new here, and I realize this is an old thread...but what is the "Camaro mod"?

And if they don't fall apart as soon as you lower the top, they will. Do the Camaro mod.