What to do with my wheels? Paint, Powder coat or Anodize them.??

Addicted to eaton

I looked for info on this before posting, but came up short. when I got my car the wheels were spray painted black. I like them, and the look very good. But A few times washing them and the paint is starting to peal off. So what do I do!?

I was thinking sand them down. Primer them. And then paint them. Then I would hit it with a few coats of clear. Now sanding them down seems unrealistic. Now a friend and I were talking about sand blasting them. Anyway to make a home made sand blaster.

My other options were powder coating, or anodizing. I was talking to my sisters husband and he thinks we can anodize them our self’s. I don’t…. Any help here?

Didn't know they were x-laces, definitely harder to sand. Powder coat or anodized is better but more $. If prepped and painted correctly they should stand up pretty well though. But yeah, it'll be easier to sandblast them than hand sand.

Aircraft stripper is the best bet if you are going to do it at home.

If you are going to have them blasted with anything, they need soda blasted IIRC.

Aircraft stripper is what i used to do mine. Make sure you have a set of elbow-deep chemical resistant gloves, and find it in a spray can if you are able to. Much, MUCH easier to work with it that way than with any kind of brush/applicator under the sun that the stripper will destroy.

As was mentioned, keep it off your tires and valvestems. Remember, some will drip through the xlaces to the inside of the wheels, so you may want to take extra time to do the insides as well.

Get a wire brush or five in different sizes and stages to loosen everything up.

High pressure water to rinse the shit off at the end of the task.