my tgp pics,

crazydriver20

Looks good! Im not a fan of the black velvet stuff, but it looks to be well done. Also i would downgrade to just 2 subs, tweeters look good! Hows the system sound?

if i keep the car im going to downgrade to just one 12, and maybe 1000 watt amp, right now the system is probably hitting around 145 db the box is tuned for the subs, but the jl components up front are extremely loud, gives me a headache if i keep it turned up too long, and i have about 1/4 inch of flex in my front windshield when the subs hit,

Where do you have the mids? And what size are they. I have a set of Memphis 6.5" comps im gonna put in my TGP. Im gonna squeeze the mid in the door and put the tweeters in the dash where the 4x6s are.

I have 2 12" Kicker L5s in a ported box running off a JBL 600.1. I have a Memphis 75x2 thats going to power the comp set.

thanks, i have a guy right now wants to trade his 94 camaro for it, still not sure if i want to get rid ot the tgp or not,

the 3.4 pushrod is a turd....keep the TGP

V6 or V8?

The 3.4 Pushrod is a beautiful engine. I had one, absolutely NO problems. Ran flawlessly, and pretty powerful, too!

The 3.4 pushrod is less problem prone than the DOHC 3.4 wont be as quick as your TGP....cmon man that's a minivan engine....lol

Chris

i just threw the wire in there so i could have sounds, but im waiting on a 0 gauge kit right now then im going to put the power wire and gauge wires through the firewall. i didnt trade the tgp, but i would still like to get rid of it and get something a little more baby friendly, i just had a baby on sat july 12 so im looking for a different vehicle,

I never tried 0 gauge through the firewall, I run it under the car straight off the alt. but I have a isolater and two batteries. you could run the 0 under and then 4 gauge from a trunk mount back up front to a cap though the firewall and that would be the ultimate setup. I know for sure 4 will pass thru, but 2 might need the grommet removed. or maybe just drill it out.

so, that wasnt good enough power for your setup then huh? my guess is it would work for a minute or two tops, then the whole car suffers? or drive it at low voltage for a while and the volume down and trickle charge it at night, been there, done that.

the 4 is big enough for my orion 1400 but im going to be running more amps so im going to do 0 to the cap, and then after the cap im going to distribution blocks for each of the amps, but i just bought a blazer so im going to be putting all my stereo into it,

The power wire on my TGP is run under the car. It was like that when i bought it, whoever did it did a good job. Not the way i would have done it but it works and im much to lazy to rerun it lol.

well, if you want a remote power storage battery in the trunk, then under the car is the shortest/best way to do it with 0 gauge, that shit is like 5 to 10 bucks a foot. mine is wire loomed the whole way back and attached every 6 inches with rubber insulated steel straps. then you got to go back up front and through the firewall is the best way. then instead of a big old battery, all you need is a power cap up front. quick and efficient.

this is the setup I will use for my next 1000 watt sub. I already have all 2 gauge battery power cables and grounds in the engine bay. I got a cs130-d alt out of the J/Y for $15 and will modify the alt bracket and get a plug for it and be boomin with a new paint job and everything. probably by the end of summer I will be riding in style.