Another Guy Getting A New Top

Fleeingpepper

While I'm gone next week I'm most likely getting the top replaced, it's looking pretty worn and after a rainstorm I have a pool in the area where the top goes down into.

But the quote was $900 installed with a new rear window and $650 without replacing the window. The window has no cracks or anything so there's no reason to replace it, right? And those prices seem pretty good too, right?

Make sure the top material around the window is in good shape, that's what goes bad, not the glass. It cost me $250 just to buy the rear window assembly (rear curtain). If it's leaking into the well liner you might just have some seperation between vinyl and the glass.

That's what I said, why replace a window just because it's old if it's not broken?

And yeah, the fabric kinda around the window is buggered up. And that would be replaced if I got the top replaced, so there's no reason to replace the window.

And apparently $650 is a good price, excellent.

That's the thing, the material around the window is part of a new window, so even though the glass is in good shape, you have to replace the whole thing. The window assembly is called the rear curtain.

If the material around the window is no good then the whole thing is no good, you'll want to replace both the top and rear curtain, pay the extra $250.