Best wax to use?

AWeb80

Anyone Use Zaino before?

I have it. Its about 100$ for the kit, but I would say that it is worth it. It is non abrasive, so don't expect to be able to buff out any little scratches or anything with it. You would need to do that first with another product before applying the zaino. The zaino does work well at concealing swirls and it also lasts an insanly long time. The nice thing about Zaino products is that they can actually be built up. The more layers you apply, the deeper and wetter looking the shine. I have a crumby picture that i took of the regal after a zaino application, but it really shows the depth and the shine in the paint. I'll post that up here later on tonight.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AWeb80

• Euro

• mfewtrail

• pwmin

Anyone Use Zaino before?

I have it. Its about 100$ for the kit, but I would say that it is worth it. It is non abrasive, so don't expect to be able to buff out any little scratches or anything with it. You would need to do that first with another product before applying the zaino. The zaino does work well at concealing swirls and it also lasts an insanly long time. The nice thing about Zaino products is that they can actually be built up. The more layers you apply, the deeper and wetter looking the shine. I have a crumby picture that i took of the regal after a zaino application, but it really shows the depth and the shine in the paint. I'll post that up here later on tonight.

even though it costs a lot initially, it's still cost effective in the long run. the nice thing is how easy it is to take on and off and it can be done in direct sunlight. some of it does have some abrasives in it, like Z-5, but it's not going to get anything really deep.

ONE MORE TIME Zaino Brothers

/end thread

But some of us don't/can't spend $150 for fuckin wax.

Then get a better job, If I am going to spend 3 hours waxing and detailing a car, then the car is going to be worth spending $100 in products on. If it's not worth $100 to me then its not worth spending 3 hours of your time on. My time is more valuable to me than other peoples apparently.

ONE MORE TIME Zaino Brothers

/end thread

But some of us don't/can't spend $150 for fuckin wax.

Where did you get the price from?  The kit with everything you need is like 89$ US. Mine cost me 114$, that was with tax and shipping right to my door. The kits with more products may cost that much, but its not necessary.  The kit I bought came with 2 clay bars, 2 applicators, bottle of soap, detailing spray, Swirl remover, show car polish, and the accelerator with 4, 2 ox mixing viles.  to add to the fact that only 1 oz of polish will easily cover an average size car and last much longer than other stuff, it will end up being cheaper in the end. 

Not trying to be a dick. I normally wouldn't have tried it either because of the price.  I just happen to work with 2 people who use the stuff and on black cars to boot and I was blown away by depth and gloss of the paint.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ZKIT-1&Category_Code=Zaino&Product_Count=21

This is the kit that I purchased, except up here, it was 94 bucks.

It all depends on how much you want to spend and how long you want to work on it. If you want the best possible job be prepared to spend hundreds of dollars and many hours on a single detail. If you just want a really good job just use mothers paste.

It all depends on how much you want to spend and how long you want to work on it. If you want the best possible job be prepared to spend hundreds of dollars and many hours on a single detail. If you just want a really good job just use mothers paste.

Exactly. I enjoy spending half the day cleaning the car up, but I've never been unsatisfied from the OTC waxes that I buy. Not saying that Zaino isn't worth it, because it sure as hell seems like it from the cars i've seen. Just not somethin I'm willing to drop the extra $ on

Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax (No. 845), I would NEVER use anything else. Goes on easy, comes off easy and man does it ever shine! And it's inexpensive, win/win if you ask me.

Collinite #476 is also nice! It's a lot more durable than the 845, but doesn't look quite as good.

What is this Collinite?  I've never heard of it. 

It's been around for quite a while.

http://www.colliniteautomotive.com/products.htm

If you have a Harbor Freight store nearby, they usually have #845 & #476S. The price there is typically cheaper than from online vendors. Most places online want between $12-16 for either the 845 or 476S. Harbor Freight is supposedly going to quit carrying them and some people have posted saying they only paid ~$8-9 for them. The last time I purchased some, I think I paid about $12.99 for a tin of the 476 @ Harbor Freight.

depends, you got 1 step waxes, 2 step, 3 step, even 5 step waxes. I use a dewault buffer with the 3m perfect it 3000 5 step system.

1st: 3m Extra cut rubbing compund ($40 a quart)

2nd: 3m swirl mark remover($40 a quart)

3rd: 3m ultrafina paint enhancer($45-$55 a quart)

4th: 3m ultrafina SE (swirl eliminator)($50 a quart) use a Orbital DA

5th: 3m final glaze($30 a quart) use a Orbital DA