• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AWeb80

• Euro

• mfewtrail

• pwmin

Pretty much any wax I've used has worked decent enough. That wax you're using Adam has chemical cleaners in it IIRC. If you need no paint correction, you would be better off going with a regular wax instead of a cleaner wax(the mother's stuff isn't very harsh anyways). I like Presta fast wax for my black car. They also have a "best wax," but I've yet to try it...I might order a bottle soon. It goes on really easy and can be removed easily(with hardly any residue). Presta makes a lot of nice products for paint correction work, etc. If you're looking for durability in a carnauba based wax, Collinite 476S is HARD to beat. It sets up rock hard and last a really long time. For what it's worth, I've had a lot of typical OTC waxes last 4-5 months without an issue and I live in a humid climate. Applying and removing via machine(dual action buffer) seems to make a pretty good difference in durability for me. I suppose the heat from the pad/bonnet on the paint makes the wax bond better.

EDIT: That Dupont wax most likely has fillers in it Zack, it's not really removing the scratches or swirls, it's lightly filling them so that they do not show as much or at all.

Any wax is just filling fine lines and scratches. The only way to eliminate those imperfections is to have the car professionally polished (or do it yourself if you know how, and feel comforatble with the color.)

You will get different answers from every person you talk to asking that question... it's as big of a can of worms as "which brand of oil filter is best?". There is no best, it's all about personal preference.

If you like a disturbingly, almost unrealistic shine, use something with more synthetic polymers. If you want a more natural "glow" to the appearance, use a natural wax (such as Zymol.) As far as wax lasting... turtle wax lasts longer than anything I've seen, but i HATE the stuff.

I use a product called great white as a cleaner wax when needed... but I apply it slowly, in small sections, and go over it repeatedly to pull contaminents off the paint when I can't polish. I finish with Meguiars gold class, because i've found it to be my favorite for the color of my car and the condition of the paint. It's frigging amazing on fresh paint, black or red espescially. Any brilliant color. Ooh, and meguiars spray wax, like nxt I think for a quick once over after a rinse-down or something.

But then again, I have so many layers of wax on my car.. there's no telling what is doing what anymore. LOL

Any wax is just filling fine lines and scratches. The only way to eliminate those imperfections is to have the car professionally polished (or do it yourself if you know how, and feel comforatble with the color.)

I was just pointing out to him that that particular wax likely has a lot of fillers in it. Some fill better than others. No need for me to have my cars professionally polished as I know how to use a buffer(preferably a rotary buffer, can't beat that fast correction!). I'll take a few before/after(and 50/50) photos soon when I start buffing my white car. It has some water spot etchings on the roof, hood, and trunklid I need to take care of.

PS: Try collinite 476S if you think that turtle wax junk lasts a long time. :wink: The collinite wax is like a damn brick straight out of the tin it's stored in. I heat mine up and make it easy to apply. :lol:

I use Mcguiars show car glaze followed by a coat of Collinite #845 wax. I'll use turtle wax ice to get a quick shine after a wash sometimes, but I wouldn't use it for a really good long lasting protectant since it's kind of an all in one thing.

I was just pointing out to him that that particular wax likely has a lot of fillers in it. Some fill better than others. No need for me to have my cars professionally polished as I know how to use a buffer(preferably a rotary buffer, can't beat that fast correction!). I'll take a few before/after(and 50/50) photos soon when I start buffing my white car. It has some water spot etchings on the roof, hood, and trunklid I need to take care of.

PS: Try collinite 476S if you think that turtle wax junk lasts a long time. :wink: The collinite wax is like a damn brick straight out of the tin it's stored in. I heat mine up and make it easy to apply. :lol:

Hence the reason I included "(or do it yourself if you know how, and feel comforatble with the color.)"

:)

This Turtle Wax Ice Is A Pain To Get Off. Streaks Like Crazy. I've Yet To Find A Wax That Comes Off Easy.

I've never had a problem with mothers like that. no streaking, and lasts a long time with beeding water of the body. considering I usually use like 3-5 coats...lol I'm anal about that shine.

well, truth be told, I'm sending this ICE crap back and getting my money back....very unhappy w/ it.

took me 2 hrs longer just to get 90% of the streaks off....there is still streaking that won't come off.

well, truth be told, I'm sending this ICE crap back and getting my money back....very unhappy w/ it.

took me 2 hrs longer just to get 90% of the streaks off....there is still streaking that won't come off.

holy crap, that's dumb. I'm glad I never bought any!

I'll spead the word too.

FWIW, I've known plenty of people who have used it without streaking. The one time I used it I didn't have streaking either. Guess it's hit or miss.

Or surface prep, or the amount of wax already on the car, and the chemical makeup of said wax/contaminents that already exist.

I know my car is getting ready for a polish when my wax likes to behave in certain ways (sticking, smearing, etc.)

I helped wax my friend's Z28 using that ICE stuff. I wasn't real impressed. It was a BITCH to get off, and doesn't last for shit.

I wouldn't really expect it to last all that long. They don't even call it a wax on the bottle they call it a polish. It's basically a combination polish/wax/whatever else they wanna claim it is. Gave me a good shine the one time I used it. Doesn't come close though to a good glaze or polish and some coats of a good wax.

turtle wax ice is an oil based coating which is great for plastics and trim. It is absolute shit for paint. I have a bottle and it's limited to trim details and TIRES.

I use the little bottle of Mother's stuff that comes with the Mother's clay-bar kit.

You did a whole car with that?

Mothers, Meguiars, 3M are probably the best out there IMO. And the most widely distributed.

I would be weary about using Liquid Glass since its almost a sealant.

Truth be told I had two bottles of it...one was left from a clay-bar kit that my grandpa mistakenly ruined.

• 3 months later...

when i went to wax my car i checked consumer reports for the best car wax and they suggested black magic carnauba wax i tryed it and it worked pretty good the said it out performed almost all of the real high end waxes

when i went to wax my car i checked consumer reports for the best car wax and they suggested black magic carnauba wax i tryed it and it worked pretty good the said it out performed almost all of the real high end waxes

interesting

interesting

funny-pictures-interesting-cat.jpg