B4M vs. B4U - Interesting Information about the 89-90 TGP's

Gearhead43

Well guys, alot of you have been wondering about the RPO code for the 1989-1990 TGP exterior package.. I think I might have run into something here.

Well we all know that the 1991-1993 and 1994-1996 Factory Aero-ground effects package is called "B4U"

NOT the TGP"S!!!! If you look on the TGP SPID label, you WILL NOT find "B4U" listed. But instead you will find B4M. The B4U first came out in 1991. The RPO "B4U" is called " Performance Package, Sport"

While the TGP's had a package that appears similar to the B4U. The designation was different. On TGP's I think the RPO is called" B4M" - "Vehicle Custom Feature Package" Because that is what the parts book says the RPO is specific for the TGP parts. It would include the Ground effects and the Hood Louvers.

It makes sense that it wouldn't be the same code. The front fascia for the TGPs is different. It was also the basis for the B4U package. Good Info! :D

It's different with respect to the headlights only.. And that is because in 1991 GM went to the "Mini-quads"

Also I's add one more thing.. between 1993 and 1994 .. The ENTIRE look of the Factory gropund effects change.. Yet it was still called "B4U"

Depends on what the B4M was used for... If it's only for the TGP's then that might help for sure

B4M was only used on TGPs. It became B4U in 1991. No other car had the "aero" ground effects before 91...besides the TGP. :wink: