Fuel filler neck

PeNZ

I did a search and came up with nothin, does anyone know the size of this? I need to get a new universal one and I need the size. Auto garage quoted me for $300! Mine has holes rusted thru. Thanks

Edit, Or know where I can get a replacement from?

You might want to try a wreckers... call around and see how much they want for one. Only problem there is that you'd be buying something that would probably be starting to rot...

Jamie

$50 at the dealership. They said they didn't have any left for a 92 however I used one for a 94 and it fit just fine. I don't know what year your car is.

are you talking about me kevin?

I have had some experience, some of which involved duct tape... now hear me out, a friend of mine bought a 92' grand prix 5 hours away that had a "fuel leak when filling" so we got the car, turned out that the hose between the filler neck and gas tank was chewed through by rodents, so we taped the hell out of it in targets parking lot and drove the car home, ordered a new hose from the dealer, it was like $23 if i remember right. pain in my ass to replace it too. but his neck was in good shape.

honestly if you can find a new decent one at a junkyard for for that, but for $50 at a dealer having a new one would be worth it.

I have had some experience, some of which involved duct tape... now hear me out, a friend of mine bought a 92' grand prix 5 hours away that had a "fuel leak when filling" so we got the car, turned out that the hose between the filler neck and gas tank was chewed through by rodents, so we taped the hell out of it in targets parking lot and drove the car home, ordered a new hose from the dealer, it was like $23 if i remember right. pain in my ass to replace it too. but his neck was in good shape.

honestly if you can find a new decent one at a junkyard for for that, but for $50 at a dealer having a new one would be worth it.

That's exactly what I was talking about. :bonk:

lol i remember that one :mrgreen:

Filler neck: 10199271, GMPD PRICE: $35.16, GM LIST: $57.31 (actual metal filler neck)

Filler hose: 14088147, GMPD PRICE: $22.53, GM LIST: $38.00 (big hose connecting neck to tank.. bitch to replace...)

i just replaced this a week ago... its not fun... 66.17 at the dealership... its just the filler neck... i used the original hoses to... they were fine... a couple tips... when hooking up the new one... make sure you have it lined up by the cap before you attach it by the hoses... also those clamps on there are a *****... having someone else there to help will be a huge plus... also rust will be a problem because bolts wont cooperate...

the duct tape is the only reason it is in one piece...

0512081831a.jpg

Is the filler neck the same for all 88-96 grand prix's? I had a shop tell me no dealers had them. But I did get them to replace the rubber hose though.

Should be the same for all 1st gen Ws, or at least all interchangable. The shop doesn't know what they're talking about.

the dealer i went didnt have it but they could order it... look for a GM dealer with a parts department...

i would guess thats going to be the case with most dealers they aren't going to carry that old stuff like that its in a warehouse somewhere, i was able to get the brackets I needed the next day.

I've had to replace this on two 96 luminas, a 94 cutlass, and a 97 buick century. They are thin and don't last worth a shit. I put several coats of paint on each one I replaced so hopefully they would last longer. You should be able to order them at a decent dealer parts dept. or maybe gmpartsdirect.com.