Anyone heard of Sumic GT60?

sws2000

I recently bought a 95 Monte Carlo and it came with P225/60/16 Sumic GT60 tires. The car rides a little rough even for a sports car and I was wondering if these tires have anything to do with it. There are some roads I try to avoid because I can feel every little bump. The shock/struts seem to be OK, when I push down on them they bounce back only once (the rears squeak though.) I'm probably going to purchase new tires in hopes of getting a smother ride. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm leaning towards Goodyears Viva all-season for $90 a piece.

cheap tires can have a huge affect on how a car rides, the brand that you have sounds like it is some junky no name tire. my bonneville came to me with junk on the front of it "CLEAR HP130". and they were clear-ly the worst things I could call tires, ever. i pulled those off for some michelins and haven't looked back.

How smooth does the car ride on nice highways? how responsive is the handling, bad struts can also play a very large part in how a car rides too.

The goodyear vivas aren't a bad tire for how cheap they are!

Vivas are garbage... If you want something that will balance out very nicely, ride nicely, and last a while, you gotta go Michelin...

Im running BlueStreak (private label) Stilleto's They are directional, cheap, and V rated...They ride and handle awsome, and have excellent traction in rain (direction tires do of course :lol:)

Sooo what I am saying, not all cheap tires are cheap.. A lot are of a name brand and label, but renamed and sold to a company as a private brand/label..

I work for a major tire/repair shop and our Tire Manager is a retiree of Michelin as a sales rep so he keys me in on a lot of unknown named tires and where/why they come from.

The Viva IIs really aren't garbage. I'm running them on the Regal, and for $70 a tire mounted, balanced and installed I really can't complain about them. They hold their own in the snow, and they're not awful in the rain. They're not even that loud in corners. Every Michelin I've ever run (aside from ones that cost more than half of what I paid for my car) has blown major ass.