what tools do I need to change my timing chain?

pinball411

wow dude. I have 187,000 miles on the same damn engine you have, and I have NEVER changed the head gaskets and never needed to change the timing chain. I can't believe you let yourself get ripped off so bad so many times. Damn dude, is that the only mechanic around? Go to some other shops and ask if your timing chain or head gaskets will EVER need to be replaced.

Fuck! You got assraped bad.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xtremerevolution

• 93CutlassSupreme

• BXX

• pinball411

everything that has been said or done about you car is a lie. find your friend, and run him over.

people like that deserve to be maimed and killed.

I've concluded without any doubt that you're an idiot.

If you want to redeem yourself, you can buy a book I have for sale that teaches you how to clean out your engine using sugar. Just suck it in through your vacuum booster, and it will act like a gentle sandpaper and polish your intake manifold, valves, cylinders, and exhuast.

I've concluded without any doubt that you're an idiot.

If you want to redeem yourself, you can buy a book I have for sale that teaches you how to clean out your engine using sugar. Just suck it in through your vacuum booster, and it will act like a gentle sandpaper and polish your intake manifold, valves, cylinders, and exhuast.

You get a better finish if you first use the special sand mixture I have. buy his book, but buy my sand as well. this will port and polish at the same time! you'll never get a restriction from your intake or exhaust ever again!!!!

Is this guy for real? I can't believe that somebody can be that.....that....gullible?

This is the same guy that posted about the magic magnet gas saver........hey, I have a gallon of snake oil that will give you 57 MPG just added to your gas......cheap, too only $125......whaddya say? :mrgreen:

I have a potion that gives you 50 extra miles per tank. It comes in a two gallon jug, it's hydrocarbon based, and contains over 123,000 BTU's per gal!!

Thats BS. Have your "friend" show you in the service manual where it says that the timing chain needs to be replaced every 60000 miles. The only engines in these cars that actually recommend a timing drive service at 60000 Miles is the LQ1 (3.4DOHC) and that is only because it has a rubber timing belt, and not a timing chain. ( I know that they do have a timing chain to drive the dummy shaft, but you won't need to worry about that)

Lay off the guy. If he wants to blow his money on unneeded repairs, let him. Instead of calling him stupid, we should all be extremely happy that somebody in America still has a large amount of disposable income!

Lay off the guy. If he wants to blow his money on unneeded repairs, let him. Instead of calling him stupid, we should all be extremely happy that somebody in America still has a large amount of disposable income!

lol, given these gas prices, no kidding. I find myself spending $80-$100 a week on gas.

lol, given these gas prices, no kidding. I find myself spending $80-$100 a week on gas.

What kind of MPG does that Northstar get?

That's one thing I love about being at school. A full tank will last me 2+ weeks. All I drive is to work and back(10 minutes) and home every weekend or so(35minutes highway)

That's one thing I love about being at school. A full tank will last me 2+ weeks. All I drive is to work and back(10 minutes) and home every weekend or so(35minutes highway)

Yup. Living close to work is a great financial benefit.

Yup. Living close to work is a great financial benefit.

At home it's even closer. I can stand on our back deck, and see the TARGET sign from over the fence :lol:

maybe try new things, test out new waters? i'd geuss a person would prolly want to finger their asshole before they get fucked in it.

What kind of MPG does that Northstar get?

The way I drive it, I get 19.5 MPG average.

The regal is getting 24 MPG average now, which is what I use as my DD to get to work and back. The Bonneville is used for everything else except work. Still, I pull 80 miles a day going to and from work and to and from my girlfriend's house, which is just 4 miles away. That comes out to about comes out to $65 a week, which doesn't include anywhere I go for the weekend...

why do you think this guy has all this disposable income when he's coming HERE asking how to do the job himself instead?

This guy has done a ton of work to my car. last summer was both headgaskets and a a/c swap , my a/c did work but he said the gas in the compressor was harmful to the envrionment and that I would be ticketed if anyone knew I still had the old stuff in it. The reason for headgaskets is he said these cars are prone to gasket failure and I should catch it before any damage was done. So I had that done just to be safe because I want to keep the car for a good while.

This is a $1200 repair bill easy. If he has the money to pay for these kind of repairs without doing the research to see if he's getting ripped off or if the repair is even necessary, I'm going to assume he has quite a bit of disposable income.

Just because somebody is a member of this site doesn't mean they are poor. Yeah, most of the members here don't have much money, but there is a significant percentage of members here who have money to burn.

eh I have an answer but won't respond to that since I don't want to keep assuming things about him. We'll wait to see what he has to say, if he ever returns...

I had no idea a place like this could be so rude. I asked to start saveing myself some money. I have extra money to spend on my car since I am just learning to do the work myself rather then depending on mechanics all the time. I am trying to focus on making my car more powerful. I just dropped a KN air filter in which was a fairly easy job to do with some hand tools.

Pinball, I know I wasnt offensive in my reply to you, so I will apologize for these other wise guys. Dont take most of the trash they talk to heart. Its just car guys being car guys/asses. :bigal:

But the point still remains that your mechanic has screwed you over now 2 times for sure, and is working on 3. The only thing that really needs to be done to your car is that the Dex-Cool coolant, assuming you have it, needs to be professionally washed out of your motor, and replaced with standard green stuff. :bandwagon: