first timer at painting

ZacksZ34

okay i need to redo my spoiler but im not takin it to the body shop to have it done would t be possible to make it look good again with some duplicolor GM black spray paint and clear???

here my spoiler now

100_2079.jpg

paints fading on my spoiler and my hood

100_2080.jpg

the clears all messed up

Its possible to at least make it look better then what it is now, but making spray paint look good takes some patience and not to mention black is the hardest color to work with since it will show any and all defects in your prep and spray job.

Its possible to at least make it look better then what it is now, but making spray paint look good takes some patience and not to mention black is the hardest color to work with since it will show any and all defects in your prep and spray job.

well im pretty good with a spray can cause thats how i paint my models car that i build!!! and im pretty patient at times

just remember that if you fuck up, you have to post pics so that we can laugh because a girl on the board just spray bombed some body parts for the first time and they came out looking good...............................no pressure :lol:

Sand it down, finishing with a 1000 grit.

Put light coats on so it won't run.

Take your time and it should turn out fine.

And I would recommend taking it off the car.

just remember that if you fuck up, you have to post pics so that we can laugh because a girl on the board just spray bombed some body parts for the first time and they came out looking good...............................no pressure :lol:

:lol2: :high5: YES!

I saw this thread and started reading... was gonna point him to my thread... hehe.

Zack, it's easy. Like they said, take your time.

The worst part for you will probably be finishing it out if you don't have a buffer.

BTW...

Sigg'd.