1 less TGP in the world today

patgizz

as of 2:58PM EST there is one less black 1990 TGP in the world. the crushinator picked it up off my trailer and shredded it to bits before i had even left the salvage yard with my check for $223.70 for the scrap weight of the 1864# shell @ 12 cents per pound.

the only good thing left when it went was a HUD windshield that i didn't feel like trying to remove and a pair of KYB's on the back that i could care less about trying to pull when i saw how rusty the huge lower mount bolts were.

:sad: sucks to see any TGP go.

Like convertibles...But the more that are junked and crushed, makes the nice ones worth .05 cents more...

Even if it's a rusted hulk?

Especially then :wink:

How so? At some point a car is trash, no matter what it was. Strip whatever is of use to allow other cars of the same model to keep running, and then send it to it's death.

What state was this tgp in? Rusted hulks in many places in the country are still considered decent condition vehicles here in new york lol. If you wanna see what a real rusted hulk looks like just drive around the buffalo area....they are everywhere!!

What state was this tgp in? Rusted hulks in many places in the country are still considered decent condition vehicles here in new york lol. If you wanna see what a real rusted hulk looks like just drive around the buffalo area....they are everywhere!!

all you need to know:

lifetime Cleveland car. :lol:

all you need to know:

lifetime Cleveland car. :lol:

Driving a TGP in the winter FTL!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

How so? At some point a car is trash, no matter what it was. Strip whatever is of use to allow other cars of the same model to keep running, and then send it to it's death.

I don't know its just bad to see a rarish car that led such a abused life destroyed I guess? I am one of those people that still gets emotional over cars.

I don't know its just bad to see a rarish car that led such a abused life destroyed I guess? I am one of those people that still gets emotional over cars.

That's fine, but for a undesirable car, hell even for most highly valued and collectible cars, at a certain point it is just cheaper to buy a car in better shape then to restore a rusted hulk.

It only makes sense to buy a rusted hulk of a car if you cannot afford a nice version of the same car, however if financial constraints are the reason for buying a a car like that you probably will not finish the car's restoration for years. Another point that bothers me is that I would not want to drive a car that basically consists of reproduction or used parts. I wouldn't want to drive a car that hardly original.

Same here.

Eh that is sad at least i saved two. Neither were rusty but both were destined for death in the wrong hands. My buddy also saved two. So at least four are still gonna live. A black 89 leather and moonroof, a red 89 leather, and two 90s with moonroof and leather. We have each an 89 and 90. I am gonna get him to join soon this place is most useful.

1989 TGP Black

1990 TGP Red

1993 Cutlass Supreme Convert

1989 Allante'

1984 Cadillac Hearse