My blown motor progress thread.....AGAIN!

Euro

My friends 01' GTP spun a bearing at 6X,000 miles because the bolts on one connecting rod were finger tight! His engine must have been built on a Monday. lol

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Euro

• 5speedz34

• slick

• 93CutlassSupreme

Yeah I've never heard of L36/67's blowing up with such little mileage before until mine did. I've heard of dozens of LIM gasket failures that leaked coolant internally into the motor, but none resulting in the motor taking a shit

I hear about it all the time. Coolant eats at the bearings. Rebuild engine, 500-5000 miles later- Boom.

Yeah I've never heard of L36/67's blowing up with such little mileage before until mine did. I've heard of dozens of LIM gasket failures that leaked coolant internally into the motor, but none resulting in the motor taking a shit

I hear about it all the time. Coolant eats at the bearings. Rebuild engine, 500-5000 miles later- Boom.

I'm an idiot, I should've known that coolant strips the bearings of lubrication/oil when it happened but never put 2 and 2 together. Thankfully I didn't get a rebuild...

I'm an idiot, I should've known that coolant strips the bearings of lubrication/oil when it happened but never put 2 and 2 together. Thankfully I didn't get a rebuild...

Unfortunately, other's haven't been as lucky.

I keep a full intake gasket set, new manifold, and all the necessary's around for when it decides to start leaking on mine.

I keep a full intake gasket set, new manifold, and all the necessary's around for when it decides to start leaking on mine.

Chris why don't you just replace it then even risk a leak?

Chris why don't you just replace it then even risk a leak?

No need to fix what isn't broken.