My blown motor progress thread.....AGAIN!

Euro

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Euro

• 5speedz34

• slick

• 93CutlassSupreme

yah, don't let them screw you over. There's a guy on the cavalier board that dropped his car (EDIT: 05-07 Cobalt SS) off for some normal service, and it got hit, apparently no one knows how, but it's incredibly likely someone was joyriding or just plain careless. Messed up the whole drivers side; lights, fender, door, rear quarter, rims, etc. they fixed it, but refused to buy him new wheels, and took forever. I can find the thread if you're at all interested, but probably not :lol:

Oh believe it, once Monday comes when we hear what GM says after the motor's torn down...I'm getting a rental, and I'll be by the dealer once a day to check the progress. They didn't say anything about my intake yesterday when they visited the dealer(or if they did...I didn't hear about it). The car's bone ass stock except for that K&N so they shouldn't give me shit for that.

was it just a filter? or a cai? I don't remember the specifics of yours. If it was just a filter (or even a WAI/cone on the tube) that shouldn't make one bit of difference. But I know how jackass they can be sometimes

They'll do what they can to blame it on you I'm sure. If they do, fight 'em. Stand up. You didn't do anything to this car to cause it to die, and it's not your fault. GM should pay for it, because YOU have a warranty.

iirc... the law doesn't consider that to be a mod, but they might. you may have to fight and sue.

I think it was you who said the dealership lost in court over a previous incident????

Federal Law says modifications can only void a warranty if the modifications are directly responsible for the mechanical failure.

This isn't the case here.

I think it was you who said the dealership lost in court over a previous incident????

Me? No that wasn't me. GM was out yesterday to inspect the car as it was running with the rod knock, so they HAD to have noticed the intake. That wouldn't be ANY cause for the motor to blow because coolant in the oil from a previously failed LIM gasket weakened the rod bearings. We'll see for sure when they're back out either Saturday or Monday to inspect the motor torn down.

Federal Law says modifications can only void a warranty if the modifications are directly responsible for the mechanical failure.

This isn't the case here.

exactly, I couldn't type fast enough haha

My dad should be calling here any minute now. All I know is that I found out my warranty covers a loaner car for me....so I'm fucken getting a loaner car no matter how long my car will take to get done.

Well I hope they don't just turn the crank and replace the bearings!

Why not? Because it is a bad idea to have a dealer perform warranty work on internal engine parts, or another reason?