TGP power on acceleration

shadow

I mashed the pedal from a stop for the first time since I owned my TGP. It chirped the front tires and pulled to the left really bad anyway is that normal or should it be spinning and burning rubber? Just curious

Chris

My tgp pulls pretty bad under hard acceleration. Im sure the worn out struts dont help matters any. Ive ever put mine right to the floor though. Im a little scared to do so lol. Plus i dont need to be smoking my front tires off as they are NOT cheap!

you could do whatever you want, but I would never try to burn em off without knowing I have good tight new struts and lower mounts. you are just asking for your tranny to blow. there is like 4-5 critical things to address before attempting a burnout.

dont get me wrong, I am all for it. :twisted:

A bit of torque steer is normal on high HP FWD cars.

My bone stock TGP will SMOKE the tires if you just floor it. Ask Krenzy.. ;)

Well my car effortlessly accelerates and the only time I noticed it lacking power was above 80 when theres not much pull imho.

make sure you dont get on it in overdrive.

4th gear is not meant to be used hard at all. if you do get on it at 80+ keep it in the D position and you will be fine. I always keep my car in D because I smoked 4th years ago and it really sucks not having that gear :frown: 1/4 throttle at most. or cruise control.

My bone stock TGP will SMOKE the tires if you just floor it. Ask Krenzy.. ;)

It's true. I'm jealous lol. My tires grip too damn well lol. We'll see if we can change that :cool:

you could do whatever you want, but I would never try to burn em off without knowing I have good tight new struts and lower mounts. you are just asking for your tranny to blow. there is like 4-5 critical things to address before attempting a burnout.

dont get me wrong, I am all for it. :twisted:

He's right. Not having my mounts fixed was a big factor to my tranny going out when it did. Make sure you get them replaced. Yes, it can cost alot, but trust me it costs more to do a tranny than a mount.

Well, does your tranny feel like it's kicking hard, or have hard upshifts and/or downshifts? If so, replace the mount and modultaor valve.

If there's ever been an oil leak anywhere on the car, the oil wears the rubber mounts down to a jello-like piece. The tranny mount is actually cheaper than the engine mount to have replaced. But you'll need the both done. Also, have your cradle bolts been replaced? There is an open recall on the front and rear cradle bolts on the car.

I can tell this car is wearing you down, and you don't want to keep putting money into it, but once you get it running right, and stable, you will not regret the time and cost.

Well, does your tranny feel like it's kicking hard, or have hard upshifts and/or downshifts? If so, replace the mount and modultaor valve.

If there's ever been an oil leak anywhere on the car, the oil wears the rubber mounts down to a jello-like piece. The tranny mount is actually cheaper than the engine mount to have replaced. But you'll need the both done. Also, have your cradle bolts been replaced? There is an open recall on the front and rear cradle bolts on the car.

I can tell this car is wearing you down, and you don't want to keep putting money into it, but once you get it running right, and stable, you will not regret the time and cost.

No the tranny shifts smooth like butter and there are no oil leaks so I think I am good.

No the tranny shifts smooth like butter and there are no oil leaks so I think I am good.

the mounts are blown.

it should shift tight and snappy :lol:

the dist. gear o-ring is leaking guaranteed. :lol:

Well my car effortlessly accelerates and the only time I noticed it lacking power was above 80 when theres not much pull imho.

make sure you dont get on it in overdrive.

4th gear is not meant to be used hard at all. if you do get on it at 80+ keep it in the D position and you will be fine. I always keep my car in D because I smoked 4th years ago and it really sucks not having that gear :frown: 1/4 throttle at most. or cruise control.

That's not necesary. GM transmissions always drop a gear, sometimes 2, when the gas pedal is floored.

Mine seems to have limitless power, i barely even have my foot on the gas goin 80-85. I have actually never had my gas pedal floored.

If the lower motor mounts were done is there a good chance the tranny mounts were done to?? Cuz i know the guy i bought the car from did the upper and lower motor mounts but i dont think he said anything about the tranny. How would i be able to tell if they are new? Where would i look?

with your foot on the brake and the hood open, shift from d to r and back. does the motor change angles? does it wobble? it should be firm.

its the low end torque.

Give the car enough throttle so the trans downshifts. Most automatic transmissions do this so you don't have to manually drop gears. Cruising in "D" is retarded.