91 GP HU into 96 CS

krenzy

Ok, os I have a headunit from a 1991ish GTP, CD player, and want to know if it's the same wiring harness to my girlfriend's factory tape deck in her 96 Cutlass Supreme sedan. Will it plug right in or will I need to wire something up?

you'll need to wire it up but as far as I know, the wiring colors are the same.

But in all honesty, I'd sell the GTP unit to someone that can use it and get a CD/Cass unit...You can get one for less than $50.

Nah I just bought this for my TGP, and I wanna throw this in my girlfriend's car, since she ca use it, and the deck in my TGP is fuckin awesome lol. Just wanted a stock HU cd player.

There is a big wiring difference. If she has steering wheel controls in her CS, then she will loose them which would suck if she has the climate control like mine.

If you are interested, I have a stock CS HU that is modified with a MP3 player input or whatever you can shove in a headphone style jack. Its sitting in my garage with no use right now... Make me an offer if interested...