White Stuff on Dash?

Fleeingpepper

On my dash there seems to be some white "stuff". It's like the dash was faded, but I'm just not sure, the sun wouldn't do that. I'm thinking maybe Armorall dried it out. Any way to get rid of it? 303 Aerospace Protectant or something else? Does anybody really know what I'm talking about, or would I need to take a picture or two?

It's like a discoloration. But if you put water or some other cleaning stuff on it it stays normal colored, at least until it dries. Then it changes back. I've used Armorall and vinegar water on it, but neither of those worked. The Armorall may have made it like that, after I found out Armorall dries stuff out I threw my wipes away.

Nothing will work for that.

At least, not as far as I know. The only thing i can recommend is a re-finish.

IMHO, but i"ve seen interiors like that.. they look good until it dries... and thats exactly what its done, its dried out from sun/heat and faded it to that odd whitish, sometimes accompanied by an odd texture.

(Which ususally you want to see your doctor about.)

Armor All on anything is a bad idea, unless once you use it once you keep using it regularily. Once it sucks the natural oils out they are gone for good. I cringe when I saw on that Unique Whips show when they pour that shit on everything.

I wouldnt use armor all on dash's, dries it out. same with armor all on tires.

That's a myth, but feel free to continue to believe that. I know people that have used it for years and years and there's no damage, cracking, or drying out of any of the surfaces it was applied on. I don't care for Armor All anymore because it's still a bit "greasy"(the "original" version at least, I have not tried the natural finish or low shine version yet since I've been using other products for a few years now) looking to me and seems to attract a lot of dust.

If you don't believe me, ask the guys at Autopia.org that detail cars for a living. Here's just one thread discussing Armor All...

http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/59520-armor-all-question.html

I'm with mfewtrail.

I've heard that armor-all dries, but it's also a protectant that refracts the UV rays.. so I keep my dash and trim STP'd to be precise (Son of a Gun!) because it's super shiney and looks just AWESOME on the black dash.

Tire shine is a must on a black car, and I've been using it for years on my tires and never have had them start to rot because of it... then again, I've never had a brand new set of tires to put on the car to test the theory.

Sometime soon, hopefully!