A Dale Earnhardt Z34 5 speed..

Pontiac6KSTEAWD

There was never a 5 speed made in the DE edition. Nothing matches the decales that the orignal ED had. I saw a similar one at the yard, with the signature about 5-6 months ago. It had some decales on it, but I can bet that it was not a true ED. There were only 25 made each year, 91, 92,93. There was never an 5 speed made in the ED. I have the GM book stating all of the fact.

Guest GrandPrixlover1

I thought they only came in autos?

I think I read somewhere that the rare thing about the Z34's was only it's transmission being a manual. I could be wrong. :confused:

Thats not what we were talking about. They made well over 35 thousand Lumina Z34s with the auto, and only 1,907 with the 5 speed. What we are talking about here is whether or not the Dale Earnhard edition Z34s ever came with the 5 speed.

kinda off topic from you guys, but i like the front lower bumber(lack of a better word) on the 93 saying lumina like that. and i don't think that is a DE edition in the junk yard IMO. the decals are wrong from what i have seen, and if it was a DE edition why would someone go and add decals to it? i think itmight be a replica

There was never a 5 speed made in the DE edition. Nothing matches the decales that the orignal ED had. I saw a similar one at the yard, with the signature about 5-6 months ago. It had some decales on it, but I can bet that it was not a true ED. There were only 25 made each year, 91, 92,93. There was never an 5 speed made in the ED. I have the GM book stating all of the fact.

Perhaps the 5 speed needed to be special ordered. Anyone who remembers gary would remember the 5 speed that he picked up from his female friend just in time to save it from the scrapper.

What is this GM book you're talking about?

IIRC, only 25 actual DE editions were made each year. I'm betting that is Gary's from EFI-street. He had 2 and both were 5-speeds. I think he was from MO.

x2

Back in the good ole' days of efi-street.

i picked it up from a book store about 6 years ago, its got all the production numbers in it.

name of the book, NOW. lol

X2. Every GM book I've ever seen at Borders/Barnes and Noble, etc haven't had any breakdown of production numbers for Lumina besides body type, let alone a DE edition.