A Dale Earnhardt Z34 5 speed..

Pontiac6KSTEAWD

Kinda a sad note. But, I found this in the junkyard today...

02-09-08_1435.jpg

And yes, you read right, it has a 5 speed..

As far as I can tell, its the real deal, even has the Dale sig on the dashpad, the Dale Chevy dealer decal on the back, just pretty much everything..

This particular yard doesnt sell. Althou the one across the street does (DAMNIT!). Althou the dash pad was signed by him, it would not be worth anything cause someone tore it up getting the radio, AC controls, and the Dale Earnhardt plaque off the dash.

No idea why its there. Theres a bit of rust all around on the car, and the interior isnt to bad. Knowing the DOHC engine, its probly a timing belt, or a clutch.

I want to yank all the 5 speed stuff for the TGP, but the wife says no. She cant drive A stick, and the only reason she allowed me to get the TGP was because she could drive it... Not to mention its in the teens here with a windchill of -5.

93 isn't it? Weren't like 50 1993 5 speeds made?

IIRC, they made them all years?

Except 1994, from what I recall. But there's a "93" written on the car and somewhere I read that only 50 5 speed Z34s were made that year. :cool:

93 isn't it? Weren't like 50 1993 5 speeds made?

IIRC, they made them all years?

Except 1994, from what I recall. But there's a "93" written on the car and somewhere I read that only 50 5 speed Z34s were made that year. :cool:

I'm talking about DE editions. I know 284 cars where only made 91-93. I don't know about the whole 50 only for '93.

wow i never even knew the DE edition existed thats interesting. Also if there were only 50 Z34 5 speeds in 93 how many of those were DE editions, this coudl be one in 5 or even the only one, thats crazy rare, to bad theres no way to salvage it.

definatly grab and post the vin next time your there.

wow i never even knew the DE edition existed thats interesting. Also if there were only 50 Z34 5 speeds in 93 how many of those were DE editions, this coudl be one in 5 or even the only one, thats crazy rare, to bad theres no way to salvage it.

definatly grab and post the vin next time your there.

50 DE 5spds