Windshield lace weatherstrip

jake63

I have that same problem, it shrunk or something and theres no way it will match up. I however need a windshield, so I am sure they will fill that area with caulking/sealant. IF you find somewhere, pm me and let me know, I would rather have the factory original stuff.

I would think a windshield shop might have a material in bulk that would have a similiar profile and could be trimmed and made to work...

but yes... mine are bad too.

IDEA!!!!!! I should compare the rubber strip along the bottom of the windshield, on the metal edging. maybe if you grab this strip from several donor cars, it would be able to be made to work?

I'm going to check at a couple windshield replacement places, they must have something if they had to replace the winshield, or maybe they would just black silicone it like I might have to do.

I found something similar ar a glass place that does auto windshields and plate glass and the stuff was mixed in a pile on the floor so I don't have a part # . It might be stuff for plate glass installation so you may want to check a local glass place. Of course it still has to be cut and joined at 45 degree angles at the corners. Sorry I couldn't be more help on this.