z34 hood

bodeen2007

they attach via screws.

they slip in from the top and a lip on the vent clips underneath and you screw the opposite side....IIRC

I am trying to attach the lovers to the hood that did not come off the Z34. I have a hood with no holes for the lovers right now and i need to figure out how to make it all work. a picture of the underside will help me out with that.

they attach via screws.

they slip in from the top and a lip on the vent clips underneath and you screw the opposite side....IIRC

I am trying to attach the lovers to the hood that did not come off the Z34. I have a hood with no holes for the lovers right now and i need to figure out how to make it all work. a picture of the underside will help me out with that.

well i will take a couple pics of the underside of my hood and the louvers placement in the AM when i get home for you if you still need/want them.

they attach via screws.

well i will take a couple pics of the underside of my hood and the louvers placement in the AM when i get home for you if you still need/want them.

I would really appreciate that, thanx

they attach via screws.

I would really appreciate that, thanx

k i took them but never had time to post them, i will do it as soon as i get home tomorrow morning. sorry bout that.

Hey,

I did put Z34 louvers on a non Z34 hood. I have some pictures at home that I can post up for you. The one advantage I had was, all Lumina hoods whether they are Z34 hoods or standard hoods have the brackets for the three screws and are punched to accomidate the two tabs on the other side of the louver.

What I did to make this happen is I first made paper templates by turning the louver upside-down. You will want to make sure the paper template is smaller than the permiter of the top of the louver however big enough for the louvers to drop down into the hood. The real Z34 hood has the louvers flush with the surface of the hood, mine are top mounted. Once the paper templates were made, I actually taped them up on the under side of the hood to line up the mounting brackets perfectly and drilled three holes through the center of the template. Then I removed the template from the bottom side and lined it up and taped it down on the top of the hood. I then used a marker to trace the template on the hood. To make the cuts, I used a dremel at 24000 rpm and used about 8 reinforced cut off wheels.

When I post up some pictures you will be able to see what it looks like. One final thing that I remember doing is there are a few pegs that stick out of one side of the louvers. I had to bend those down with a flat blade screw driver.

For your car, you could probably jb weld in some steel straping and use that as a bracket.

Hope this helps.

ok, so i took a few pics for you. i was kinda rushed and cramped in the garage because it was raining out.i will get some better ones with the measurements for you on the weekend.

i'll just post these for you to give you a rough idea. these are taken with the drip trays on too, i'll take them off next time when i get you the measurements.

100_0444.jpg

100_0445.jpg

100_0446.jpg

100_0447.jpg

100_0448.jpg

100_0449.jpg

100_0452.jpg

100_0453.jpg

100_0454.jpg

Hey,

I did put Z34 louvers on a non Z34 hood. I have some pictures at home that I can post up for you. The one advantage I had was, all Lumina hoods whether they are Z34 hoods or standard hoods have the brackets for the three screws and are punched to accomidate the two tabs on the other side of the louver.

What I did to make this happen is I first made paper templates by turning the louver upside-down. You will want to make sure the paper template is smaller than the permiter of the top of the louver however big enough for the louvers to drop down into the hood. The real Z34 hood has the louvers flush with the surface of the hood, mine are top mounted. Once the paper templates were made, I actually taped them up on the under side of the hood to line up the mounting brackets perfectly and drilled three holes through the center of the template. Then I removed the template from the bottom side and lined it up and taped it down on the top of the hood. I then used a marker to trace the template on the hood. To make the cuts, I used a dremel at 24000 rpm and used about 8 reinforced cut off wheels.

When I post up some pictures you will be able to see what it looks like. One final thing that I remember doing is there are a few pegs that stick out of one side of the louvers. I had to bend those down with a flat blade screw driver.

For your car, you could probably jb weld in some steel straping and use that as a bracket.

Hope this helps.

That would help also. There are small tabs on one side of the louver, look like bumps, what are they for?

Hey,

If you could still post some pictures of how your hood looks like, from the top and underside?

Hope this helps.

That would help also. There are small tabs on one side of the louver, look like bumps, what are they for?

Oops sorry I forgot. I've go a new baby and I only come on during a break at work. I'll try to remember either tonight or this weekend.