94 Grand Prix Rear Speaker Install

brocno2454

I tried searching but couldnt really find much. I am wondering if anyone can explain in good detail how to install the rear 6by9s in a 94 Grand Prix

that's all I do on my 94...

I tried searching but couldnt really find much. I am wondering if anyone can explain in good detail how to install the rear 6by9s in a 94 Grand Prix

that's all I do on my 94...

I think you quoted the wrong one. :lol:

And yes, easiest way to do is as said before is take out buckets seats/bench seat and remove the rear deck and unscrew the plastic speaker holder. Actually, you dont even need to remove the rear seats, you can bend the top of the seat to get to the clips.

2 bolts under the rear bottom seat cushion. Undo those, pull the cushion out.

2-4 bolts, in loops, that hold the rear seat back. Take those out, then lift there rear seatback up and out.

Then just pop up the rear deck.

At times, you may have to loosen the rear side panels.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah i had to take the side panels off to get my package tray out... Its still really easy to do though, the seat is really easy to take out and besides one screw holding the top of the side panel on, it just snaps on and off. On a different note i managed to change the 6x9s in my other 94 grand prix w/o taking anything apart. With a lot of patience i managed to wiggle a socket over the screws holding the speaker to the tray. I then squeezed the speaker out and plopped the new ones in. idk if i ever got all four screws back in though, i think only three...

if its anything like my 92 cutlass then its just a matter of taking off the speaker cover (just snaps out) then taking out 4 screws that hold the factory speaker in unclip the wires and pull it out then reverse for install

2 bolts under the rear bottom seat cushion. Undo those, pull the cushion out.

2-4 bolts, in loops, that hold the rear seat back. Take those out, then lift there rear seatback up and out.

Then just pop up the rear deck.

At times, you may have to loosen the rear side panels.

W3rd

15 min job at the most...taking apart and reinstalling...maybe i've just done it 3 times.....that is why its' easy...LOL

So my understanding is that most think the backseat does not have to come out for this job. Also what is the best way to pop off those grills without breaking anything.