any interest in a pretty much parts robbed 1990 TGP in wisconsin? worth it?

McLaren1

i came across one and it only has a auction bill of sale but i think its POSSIBLE in wisconsin to apply for a new title? i dont know anything about that stuff, but is a shame to see one get crushed if its really that rare? how many of these r left!?.....Scott

I posted a while ago on a couple forums that I'd buy a few parts off the car if someone could pull them for me. The JY was going to make a pretty good deal on parts, but wouldn't ship, and it wasn't worth it for me to drive up from Ohio to get them. If you decide to pull parts off it, can you get me the fans and coolant resevoir?

hey guys, since i see some interest in parts i will explain this further. i became a member after u all posted for this i guess! i just joined last week. i needed some parts and this junk yard is kindof nutz in my opinion. they r crammed in so close and on top of each other so u cant get in the damn cars. so i want a couple things and they break the damn windows to get in! pissed me off. i couldnt jew him down much on the whole car $900 plus delivery so it ended up $1100 or $1200. i didnt feel a strictly parts donor was worth that much considering my research on the for sale posts!?? plus im runnin out of money!:) hes still standing pat for the drivetrain. i dont blame him its probly worth good money to those of us who want it!? well needless to say instead of see it rot all to hell with snow blowin in there i took most of it. it was COMPLETE when i got there minus radiator and wheels that were gone already. theres reeally only rear seats and door panels and stuff left. heater control and radio/tape is still there. . minor dash trim under dash panels. i took complete gauge cluster and controls. i may have left the door switches? bottom of central console, moonroof, all body panels minus hood and front bumper cover still there. i plan on goin to get those next day or so for spares IF he will dig the damn thing out so he can get at it without wrecking things!!! im afraid to ask him to pull them for me! he got grease on my damn front seats when he took them out and i was pretty pissed about that too. treat parts like they were yers i say! well i think they will clean up easily enuf. just extra work. also everything on the engine still seems to be there minus little stuff and that listed above. im no expert tho! nik askerd me for a little plastic fastener domajiggy and all i could say is HUH? and how the hell did u know it was missing from yer car in the first place!?:) so knowing that if someone is interested in some of this stuff let me know, most of it is in my garage. make me an offer on what u need and i will decide if i wanna part with it. i plan on goin the one more time i think for little interior parts after i get the interior customized and have a complete list of wants. should have interior done this weekend. shes lookin pretty sweet! which leads me to the seat issue. i bought the tan leather seats for parts due to the fact my grey leather driver seat has a headrest that wont stay inflated and the left side lumbar wing has worn thru to the foam. SOOO, if someone has a crappy grey leather donor they have been hanging onto and u have the parts i need still intact and in good shape on those i would consider a trade as the tan will have to be dyed or something to even match. i havnt started to take them apart and not 100% sure i even know how! to see if i can rob parts from inside. so if i can get what i need i will save the tan leather for someone else who doesnt have any i think. i hope these seats dont fail interiorly very often!? well in my travels i found another set of tan leather 16 ways. totally unuseable for anything other than interior peices. so i may have another option. is it worth having a spare turbo? they can be rebuilt if fail anyway right? also what the heck is different about the hood? i dont remember if my 91 was an ACTIVE intake system in the hood? were they strictly decorative after 1990? wondering if i should keep a hood in case i schmuck it up..... but a later model hood could probly be modified too? well thats waaaaaay too much info for one email, im sure yer heads r spinning already so u guys know where to find me. if i can get what i want i may loosen my grip on some of these parts! i lost one car and this time im not gonna give up one little bit of comfort. i have doubles of everything JSUT IN CASE:).......Scott

is the hood there? Its kinda hard to read your posts when its all scrunched up. I need a hood, mine is rusted completely through in two spots.

No, I personally would not buy a spare turbo, if yours fails, well thats the perfect time to upgrade! :mrgreen:

In the later years, the hood louvers were just for decoration, and the TGP is mostly for decoration too, except it probably helps a little with underhood temps. Also the 91-93 hoods with louvers will work too.

hey mitch, yeah i got the hood. how the heck does a hood rust thru so bad!? where u located? i dont think i wanna ship some of this stuff. make me an offer. still tryin to research what all this stuff is worth if i decide to sell some of it! i think im gonna keep all the electronics as i think thats about all that could fail. wont need panels unless i crash it and we hope i dont have to cross that bridge!:).....Scott

Im not sure why I have such a rust issue. It was just the hood in the front two inches, but they said that it was next to impossible to fix, the only other really bad rust spot is in front of the rear tires, all grand prixs are prone to that.

EDIT: You aren't too far away, maybe we could work something out to come pick it up. I've gotta wait until I get my tax refund though.

EDIT x2: How is the hood? Does it have any noticible dents?

Hey Scott, how are the front seats, particularly the drivers side, wasn't sure from your post if you wanted them or not but if they are in good shape it would be a shame to take them apart for parts and I am definitely interested. You can have mine for parts if you want, they work fine.

I actually called that junk yard and the guy said he didn't ship and didn't even have a computer.

If you want you can PM me also....thanks John

happy new yr all! as far as parts on this car im keeping most anything prone to failure thru normal use such as lights,console computer,hud,lights/washer switches etc. i will be swapping or selling the front seats and probably a moonroof for sure if can get my grey seat repaired. i also listed some pics of my bad motor chariot if anyones interested on photobucket. check out my fly cutom interior!:) http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/hh264/McLarenTGP/

tgprtside4.jpg

I WANT THAT HOOD!!!!!! Price?

CAn you give me details on the scoop? Fiberglass? Plastic? Metal? Can I get a few closer pics of the hood? Any damage or peeling paint or clearcoat failure? I can pick it up.

hey, im keeping all the parts that may fail under normal use such as the lights,gauge cluster,hud,lights/wiper switches, center console computer, seat controls etc. im pretty sure i will sell a moonroof and the front seats if i can find a replacement for the ones i have. as far as removing the turbo setup im not sure if i have the time to take on such an undertaking and im not educated enuf to know what all to pull. i guess i could have the yard yank it and see what hed charge to do it. there is the tranny cooler and fan in there still, the radiator was taken but i lifted up some crap in the trunk and i think there was another fan that may be off the radiator? cant u just have yer fan rebuilt? same for the turbo or r u upgrading your stock motor to turbo? think u need alot of other motor parts to do that? hmmmm. well, i wish i had the money to buy the whole thing and let u guys pick it over at yer liesure!:) judging from krenzy's post u like my huge upgrade? its MY car, not the parts car and NO u cant have it!:) the link to pics of the parts car were listed early on in this string if u wanna look it up. if u wanna see more of mine the link to photobucket page is listed above in last post of mine!....Scot

for krenzy here is another pic of my car racin up to ya from behind!

tgpfront.jpg

i would be glad to. its an original hood to the car. i just screwed on a i think its a stock camaro fibreglass hood. i would have to look it up if u r interested in doin the same thing. it was less than $100 shipped to me thru jc whitney. it was not the length they listed on the site so u will notice i shaved off the front tip and continued the line forward with black spray paint. would have been nice if fit entirely on the hood, but i think this is growin on me!:) its not perfect but it brings a fantastic look to our cars. it gets lots of looks, i like my stuff to be different and stand out! if anyone else has played with a hoodscoop of other types im sure me and "krenzy" would appreciate seeing it!tgprtside5.jpg

I do enjoy seeing what modifications people make to their cars...I think I gave them wrong impression when we talked about your grey interior when I told you not to change it...just didn't want the original interior to be damaged or discarded. But I have to say I am really pleased with the hood choice. Nice cowl, smaller than most, and a great idea. I noticed you ran out of hood, but the black paint really accents' it nicely.

It almost looks like a stock design, sitting that high and really alerting people of the power plant underneath.

If you haven't yet, check out my FQuick garage, and feel free to create your own and add me and Nick! http://www.fquick.com/krenzy

I can't really have mine rebuilt, I'm in the process of a turbo swap, so long story short, I don't have them. I have my stock fan, and I welded up some brackets to mount it to the tgp upper radiator bracket, but it looks odd, i'd rather have the TGP setup if possible. Let me know if you can get it and how much you would want if you could.

Thanks,

Jon

hey jon, break down exactly what it is u need and will see what i can do. cant tel lfrom yer response if u want fan or turbo stuff? r the tranny and radiator fans the same? only one in the car is tranny cooler so anything else i cant be 100% on, the other was in the trunbk underneath a gas tank and stuff. but can compare to my car and try for u.....scot