HT Trailing Arms

3.1cutlass

No you are misunderstanding. The traling arms are UMI, they fit like a glove and thats the same thing as the GMPP ones that you get for $40. The $40 are non poly, smaller tubing and not powdercaoted. I am willing to pay $80 for all that. the lateral link arms are WBODYSTORE, they fit perfect too, and they came with bushings. I had mine powdercoated wich cost me an extra $30. There was a problem aligning it but they got it, so I am not to worried about it. You cant always think just becasue its cheaper its better.

I never said the GMPP arms were better, they are way better than STOCK, but I never mentioned they were better than any other aftermarket. I just can't see there being an $80 difference in performance. But if you are willing to pay the extra $80 for the PC, poly and bigger tubing, than go for it, but I really don't think you're going to see much if any improvement between the GMPP arms Held or HT arms. It's simply what I suggested to try and save him money.

The only time I would spend the extra $$ is if I was serious about autocrossing or pushing the car to the limits..however there are FEW of us here who would actually push these cars to their limits, where you might see the difference in the two products.

WEll I push my car alot so it was worht it to me.

And thats what matters.......I don't know if the Original poster pushes his car often or not, I was just shedding my opinion to give him some options and remind him the GMPP arms are good for most of of on here!

oh I push mine past the limits of the car and close to my own limits. the road itself is my autocross. btw DOHC v6 what are the rear laterial links for? And will they work on our 1 gens.

the lateral links are the arms that go horizontal with the car, looking from the back. thats what piviots when each wheel goes up and down. Yes that iw was I was talking about the hole time with the clearence. THe trailing arms from UMI, fit perect, 10min installl. HTe lateral links took a little longer but that becuase I have to adjust and get shit powdercoated. I will shoot some pics up. I have to check some shit out on my car anyways

All the Held parts bolt right up, no adjusting, powder coating or any of that bs.

Also, I push my car, I've even pushed it past its limits, and the held parts hold their own. Talk to Lee at held for details, but I got a deal cause I was buying all 3 sets of arms.

Jamie

Humm, yeah ok. Well I am just saying that my shit is good. The held might be good too, but he wanted 500 for the set. I got all mine for 330 shipped, powdercoated, and installed.

I'm thinking about getting them from held... i dont mind the extra money if i can be certain that they fit and perform well... Now, who has them from held, because lee told me 350 for three pairs for my 96gs. If it eliminates some of the body roll on cornering, i'll go for it, I hate buick suspension.

Damn, I did mine for around the same price. Yes it does get rid of body roll, but at the same time makes it very easy for the front end to come out. u need to beef up the front as well as , if you do this major of a step.

:werd:

Of course I also did coil overs on all 4 corners with really stiff springs and a 7/8" rear sway bar from PST

I have all the held arms in my car, all I had to do was go to the local auto parts store and buy grease fittings, I think that cost me $5. Make sure you use a synthetic grease, its better for the poly bushings.

All total I spent $1500 on all my suspension work (that includes shipping and the alignment), and I would do it again in a heart beat.

Jamie

Those are by far best description pictures and greates post....

Thanks man... You gave me a lot of guidence in this case! Your car looks great by the way!

Not a problem glad I could help! When you get down to doing the job, if you have any questions don't hesitate to shoot me a msg to ask.

Thanx for the comments, always nice to hear!

Jamie

:werd:

Of course I also did coil overs on all 4 corners with really stiff springs and a 7/8" rear sway bar from PST

I have all the held arms in my car, all I had to do was go to the local auto parts store and buy grease fittings, I think that cost me $5. Make sure you use a synthetic grease, its better for the poly bushings.

All total I spent $1500 on all my suspension work (that includes shipping and the alignment), and I would do it again in a heart beat.

Jamie

who is PST?

nope, PST, Performance Suspension Technology. Hope I don't get in crap for this, http://www.p-s-t.com

They carry muscle car stuff for the most part, my dad had one of their catalogs sitting around and I happened to find the GP in it. PST sells the sway bar under the G-Max name, but when I was doing my job we came to the conclusion that its just the ADDCO bar under a different name. The difference being that instead of waiting months to get mine, I got it in a week. Keep in mind I'm in Canada, it took Q-ball 3 months to get his I think.

Jamie

nope, PST, Performance Suspension Technology. Hope I don't get in crap for this, http://www.p-s-t.com

They carry muscle car stuff for the most part, my dad had one of their catalogs sitting around and I happened to find the GP in it. PST sells the sway bar under the G-Max name, but when I was doing my job we came to the conclusion that its just the ADDCO bar under a different name. The difference being that instead of waiting months to get mine, I got it in a week. Keep in mind I'm in Canada, it took Q-ball 3 months to get his I think.

Jamie

its always nice to have another source. esp one with fast shipping. the polygraphite bushings sound interesting. did you use them?

oh yeah, all my bushing are poly unless I wasn't able to find them. The front end kit I used was only available in OE rubber, but I figured it would be better than the old ones that were on the car.

Jamie