HT Trailing Arms

3.1cutlass

pos's shouldnt have an apostrophe either was because first off its not showing possesion and secondly it would be pieces of shit the first word would be the one that needs to be pluralized.

OWNED !!!!

BMR FTL!

Well, at least if you want lateral links too. The whole package is insanely cheaper to get from Held and the only difference is that you have to go buy your own grease fittings ($5).

The Held arms are quite hefty and all come with poly bushings. There is a hole in each end ready to accept the grease fittings.

Here is a quote I got from Lee for all 3 sets of arms

The rear arms are $130 a pair, (3) pair are $390, and we do them for $350 when the complete set is ordered.

and from the BMR website

Tubular trailing arms $129.95 pr

Adjustable Lateral Arms - forward mount $209.95 pr

Adjustable Lateral Arms - rearward mount $209.95 pr

All of the above $519.95 set

Jamie

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

Just messin with ya...

Honestly, they look the same, granted the bar is a bit smaller on the Held bars, BUT, being bigger is only an advantage if they are thicker walled. And no, I won't cut one of mine to find out the thickness, lol.

Jamie

Waste of money,j/k I bought mine from wbodystore.com cost me 220 shipped and 40 to get them powderocoated. they are tublar and they are awesome. the trailing arms I got from ebay they are UMI-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-05-Grand-Prix-Regal-Monte-Carlo-Rear-Trailing-Arms_W0QQitemZ8025283308QQihZ003QQcategoryZ33583QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638.m118

I have both on my car. The UMI, are awesome, and the wbodystore are good, except when I went to get an alignment there is very little room for a wrench, oh well not my problme, thats mr.goodwrench problem

Well the guy told me that it was a pain in the ass, and it caused all sorts of problems with my steering, like the car would drift to left and right and the wheel would not move at all. it was pretty dangerous, it was becasue the back end was 6 degrees out, meaing that it was totaly loose, but now its awesome.

I haven't done much research, and this is totally opinion based....but I honestly can't think there is enough of a difference to spend $200+ on trailing arms compared to the GMPP arms for $40. I can't believe there would be a $200 difference, especially if it is causing shops troubles with aligning the car. Even though they were finally able to, I don't like the idea that I'm spending $200+ and then can't have a shop align the car. Doesn't sound safe to me.

IMO stick with the $40 GMPP trailing arms for 2nd gen, and I honestly can not see there being any noticeable difference. again just my opinion.

No you are misunderstanding. The traling arms are UMI, they fit like a glove and thats the same thing as the GMPP ones that you get for $40. The $40 are non poly, smaller tubing and not powdercaoted. I am willing to pay $80 for all that. the lateral link arms are WBODYSTORE, they fit perfect too, and they came with bushings. I had mine powdercoated wich cost me an extra $30. There was a problem aligning it but they got it, so I am not to worried about it. You cant always think just becasue its cheaper its better.