• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CutSupreme93

• White93z34

• Psych0matt

• joey b

I had a friend do it for me. I just had to buy a case of cold beer. Too bad that it's weather though. i don't think it'll work as easy but $330 is the typical price you should expect to pay.

thx but my dad told me i cant do it casue if somethin else breaks he isnt gonna help.

Is he paying for the alternator replacement? if not, then all you have to lose is some time basically, before $300

that sucks but best way to learn is doing things first hand

x2

I knew nothing about cars before I bought my regal, and now I've replaced the frond and rear shocks, all the brakes, a caliper, front and rear lowered springs, roller rockers, rear sway bar, strut tower bars, and so forth. Buy yourself a repair manual and you should be good to go for just about anything you'll need to do to that car.

And if you need to pay for tools to do the work, just think of it this way. You pay $100 for tools to do a job and you keep the tools and gain the knowledge, or you pay $100 for labor for someone else to do it and you get nothing in return other than a repair. Pretty simple if you ask me. I have a good $300+ worth of tools sitting in my toolbox from tools I bought just for this car alone, yet I saved over $1000 doing all the work myself.

ok i jus went out and looked at it when i put the jack under the cradle to lower it do i put it on the side i want to lower meaning the part of the cradle parallel to the car or the middle part of the cradle meaning the part of the cradle running parallel to the engine?