HUD Dash cover, painted and installed (56K, sorry guys)

pontiacmaniac94

here is the new dash, wrong color

IMG_0001-3.jpg

my new color

IMG_0004-2.jpg

freshly painted!

IMG_0005-3.jpg

after drying

IMG_0008-1.jpg

old one, and new one

IMG_0010-1.jpg

what it looks like installed

IMG_0012-1.jpg

'nother install pic.

IMG_0013-1.jpg

nice! The shade looks as if it may be a bit off, but much better than a gaping hole in the dash!

well, the color is close enough, and a gaping hole worked, okay, but still sucked, i figure worst case scenerio i just paint it black or something...not bad though for less then 20 bucks.

nice! The shade looks as if it may be a bit off, but much better than a gaping hole in the dash!

well, the color is close enough, and a gaping hole worked, okay, but still sucked, i figure worst case scenerio i just paint it black or something...not bad though for less then 20 bucks.

agree 100000%

Looks great, now if I could only find a dash pad cover hud for my 96 grand prix. Well found a dash pad cover with hud. Cost $50 bucks from http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=214429 the web site is called gmbuyparts.com and the part number for my 96 grand prix is 10228134 which is called a upper trim piece, I think it was like $70 dollars or more from the local pontiac dealer. I'll need to paint mine black as well. What Duracolor black color specifically did you use for the dash pad cover pontiacmaniac94?

Looks great, now if I could only find a dash pad cover hud for my 96 grand prix.

yah, i hear yah man, it took me like 2 months before i found this one at the local yard. keep faith brother!

Well I got my dash pad cover it cost $45 dollars, it looks just like the one you have pontiacmaniac94 in the first picture. I'm going to have to spray paint mine as well. What Dupilicolor color did you use? Your dash is the same color as mine.IMG_0005-3.jpg

From what I have read you can use a 97 Grand Prix HUD in 94-96 Grand Prix. You will need the Correct Dash Cover for your Grand Prix as well as the HUD Switches since a 97 Grand Prix doesn't have the same switches as 94-96 Grand Prix.

It looks like his car did not come with a HUD so he cut the old dash out when he got a HUD? Thats what i plan on doing but im gonna Fiberglass it so no one will be able to tell lol. Well maybe

No he had to cut a hole in his origional dash pad so he could use the HUD that he bought and then he found a dash pad with hud and he replaced it.

FTW!

the dash didnt have it originally, so i just kinda sorta took the diagrinder to it, so i could keep the dash cover, b/c it looks really really bad with NOTHING up there. i found the new one a month or two later, and then painted it.

the duplicolor color was "charcol gray" and i bought it from advanced auto parts store for like 4 bucks.

and there are no screws at all, just clips, that hole is i guess for looks...

No he had to cut a hole in his origional dash pad so he could use the HUD that he bought and then he found a dash pad with hud and he replaced it.

FTW!

the dash didnt have it originally, so i just kinda sorta took the diagrinder to it, so i could keep the dash cover, b/c it looks really really bad with NOTHING up there. i found the new one a month or two later, and then painted it.

the duplicolor color was "charcol gray" and i bought it from advanced auto parts store for like 4 bucks.

and there are no screws at all, just clips, that hole is i guess for looks...

I was just guessing what you had to do. It was so obvious though. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the information on the color.

That Hole Is For A Possible DRL Sensor. Or A Security System If You Get One.

wow. impressive! *claps politely to aweb*

i had no idea! i just learned something new today!