'94 UB3 guys

Psych0matt

Did you get it do dim properly? Mine is only full bright, or half bright if the lights are on. Both the yellow and brown wire do the same thing, and with it in the yellow wire (where I've had it) all the lights on the cluster dim with everything else, but the digital part stays at half, until i turn the lights off, when it goes back to full.

As I recall Ken, your 1994 manual is missing pages?

yeah. do you have yours? I need ABS codes 0011 and 0095?

I have all of the wiring section.

Yep...Will take photos later.

sounds like something is in the works. I was talking with a member from Josh's site, and he basically said that the '94s didnt have the VFD dimming signal, which is why both wires drop it to half voltage (hence half brightness) with the headlights on. I kinda like it that way, but I'd like to in theory be able to adjust it

• 2 weeks later...

I just upgraded to a 1994 headlight switch and I'm going to fool with it tomorrow and see if I can get it to work with the digital UB3. In looking at the service manual, I think I have figured it out but am going to test my theory and hope nothing blows up. :lol:

alright, lemme know. I need to swap wires on what I have currently, but otherwise both do the same thing (one just does it with my remote too, or something, i forget)

the way i see it is i have never touched my dimmer switch in all of the time i have had my cutlass, my only worry is when someone else drives my car and they cant turn it down they dont know what to do. Now the hud i have to adjust daily, it becomes a nuisence at night when it is so bright.

I've let 2 people drive my car in 2 years.

3100MPFI from gmwbody.com and my friend Leslie - she has the 1994 'vert that may soon be mine if i sell my '92.