Will the 1996 GP Cd player fit in my 1995 GP

Addicted to eaton

Aftermarket hu ftw

x2, and also $60 is a lot for stock/factory radio, if you really want one, just wait for someone around here to sell/find you one for cheap or even free, I use to have a couple extras that I gave away...

I gave up on factory CD players, Delco players suck ass. Every delco CD player I've come across fucks up. My dads 04 silverado is on its 3rd, yes 3rd Delco head unit. My old sunfire's delco unit, fubared! The one that came in the GP, you guessed it, fuck-diddly-ucked! All the same problem... 9 times out of 10 it sounds like it is eating the CD rather than ejecting it (the silverados HU did this the first week!), the one in my gp did the same thing with the added bonus that it skipped if you ran over anything bigger than a coin.

Aftermarket FTMFW... and if you want your steering wheel controls, there are attachments for that, just get a HU with a remote. I made my own flush mount kit, hacked out a bit of the dash so I could slide the HU farther back. Eventually when I get around to doing my interior fiberglass work I will rework the moulding around the HU so it fits without space around the edges.

Here is what mine looks like right now, the aluminum matches the gauge bezel and switch plate above.

CIMG2047.jpg

Jamie

My 1999 silverado has a delco head unit. And it did the same thing. Took it out. and took it apart and that fixed that been good ever since. My sisters cavalier head unit had a delco in it to. Hers messed up the same way. So she went the after market route. Usaly i would But i just cant get over the favt how much i like that stock look. Oh i am sure the more i get into my system im going to get pissed about not haveing sub-outs and go and buy a touch screen. But for now im keeping it stock. And its nice to know il get about 120 Bucks out of this babby.

Aftermarket hu ftw

I dont like the looks of aftermarket head units in grand prix's I love the look of the stock cd players. And the Wheel Controls

You can get adapters to make your SWRC work with an aftermarket head unit. I have one on the STE and it works great. Very easy to use and install.

Well i did not get "IT" but i did get one. 95 bucks was crazy for me to pay. I got one for 20.99$ with 16 bucks shipping. it has a DOA warnty so thats good the buttens are faded but im going to look for a good shape one on ebay that does not work and switch the number buttens. OR i could just switch them with my tape player Same keypads.. I wonder if it would work :mrgreen: Anywho. As soon as i get it im takeing my durmal buffer to it. That will remove all scratchs and such. So i shuld have a good cd player for cheap. Now i need to make up my mind if i want the cd player in my car or not LOL! Right now im using a tape that makes a head phones jack. I was useing my ipod and laptop. Idk if i wanna give that up lol. But i would like to be able to use cd's and the tape port makes my car look dated.

Aftermarket hu ftw

I dont like the looks of aftermarket head units in grand prix's I love the look of the stock cd players. And the Wheel Controls

You can get adapters to make your SWRC work with an aftermarket head unit. I have one on the STE and it works great. Very easy to use and install.

more info please

^ Yep, that's it. I have a Pioneer head unit so I got the PAC-SWI PS. Very easy to install, setup and program. You only get use of like 10 different controls but it's still way better than not having SWRC.