WTF harmonic balancer

dohc v6

Are u 100% sure. They are 17$ right now on rock auto. If you say yes I will order it right now

Go by the part number, that is the quik-leeve... If a normal seal causes leaks after replacing a harmonic balancer, then you have to use a quik-sleeve... The 3800s are very notorious for needing one...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dohc v6

• BXX

• 19Cutlass94

• pwmin

go get a can of "the right stuff" and let it cure for about 12 hours. I have never had that stuff fail on a simple oil leak. if the seal isn't seated right, no amount of RTV will fix the job

TRS cures almost immediately, no need for any waiting period other than the time it takes you to put the engine back together. Permatex claims it seals in 1 minute, and it actually does.

my victor oil pan gasket leaked as soon as i put it on :lol:

we usually use motorcraft stuff. its in a tube about half the size of a normal caulk tube and say "for use in 7.3L diesel engines" or something like that.

def need the sleeve.

i guess that was a pretty worthless post :lol:

What pn did you get. The one I posted showed for the front (harmonic balancer) or so i though... AutoZones website didn't give much description

BTW, We didn't make you order shit, you made the decision. :wink:

Here pn#KWK99176

Ur a fucking idiot, u changed the post that u made becasue you were wrong. Nice try. hahah, Oh well i ordered the correct one.

lol!!! Damn, you caught me.... :lol:

But dont call me a fuckin idiot, your the one who didn't know how to solve a simple oil leak :wink: Let alone get your car to run right.

Anyway, I went by AutoZone's site in the first place, and they werent too descriptive either. The last one, I looked on RockAuto... Hey, they even offer one for $13 (wholesale closeout, whatever the hell that is)

Dude,

I don't see how he fucked up at all...he's TRYING TO HELP YOU! As he said, AZ website doesn't give much of a description. If I got a PN off a forum, I'm going to VERIFY it was correct, and then if it is, order it, if it's not, I'm going to LOOK FOR IT MYSELF! or go into a store and look at the pictures that would be on their comp. I would never order the part without verifying it's the correct seal, seems like YOU didn't do the leg work.

I see Blackbird as doing nothing but helping you trying to get your car running.

If I may offer one piece of advise to you. and just so you know, I've been going through the BIG issues with my turbo cutlass build.

I've had a TON of issues, and I'm not getting mad or upset. Sure it's FRUSTRATING, but I think you need to learn to be PATIENT and understand that when you do something as custom as you are, things are NOT going to go as planned.

You need to settle down, take a deep breath and realize this is not the end of the world. Don't get pissed off at the world, because there is something wrong with your car. With enough time and PATIENCE you will get the car on the road, and driving 100%.

And also on another note, you must have expected SOME things to go wrong?

and on a good note, good luck getting this back up and running.

PS MODS if I over stepped here, sorry, just wanted to add my 2 cents, delete if you see fit.