K&N and Cat question

tim_w

I was just wondering if anyone could give me a model number for a K&N airfilter that will fit directly onto the turbocharger.

I was also wondering with anyone has a recomendations for cat converters. I believe mine is plugged and will be getting a new one put in. I'm also going to be hacking off the two mufflers soon, if that makes a difference as to what type of converter I should be using.

Thanks

TimW

I suggest no cat.

Robby

However rob if his car needs to pass an emissions test then a GOOD High FLOW cat will work good aswell! However if you don't need to pass emissions test, DEFINETLY go no cat, and a turbo tube(Ask robby1870) or something instead!!

K&N Filter

Model# RU-1390

$30.77

That is the best cone filter for the turbo. You will also need this filter for the PCV breather hose.

K&N Filter

Model# 62-1010

$15.74

The prices above are from this site: Martelbros Performance I'm not sure what the shipping cost is from there, but their K&N filter prices are probably the lowest on the web.

If you plan on hacking off your two mufflers, then I doubt you have to pass emissions. Therefore, I would suggest going with NO catalytic converter.

I'd recommened a high-flow cat like a 2.5" Carsound cat from http://www.mandsproduction.com. A cat is required by the federal government. Your county might not require emissions, but the state police will cite you if they find out you don't have a cat. It's only $75 anyway.

I use K&N #RU-1770. I also have the RU-1390, but it gets bent from being in contact from the intercooler.

I suggest no cat.

Robby

However rob if his car needs to pass an emissions test then a GOOD High FLOW cat will work good aswell! However if you don't need to pass emissions test, DEFINETLY go no cat, and a turbo tube(Ask robby1870) or something instead!!

Yeah, I always forget other states have emissions tests. I know here in KY, and in Indiana (where I go to college), there is no emissions. But, yeah, if you have emissions, get a good high flow cat, it will work like 100x better than the stock cat.

Robby