emblem

CutSupreme93

A gallon would run me in my paint code almost $600willynilly: Ok, so hmmm, gotta refigure this for me...

1 Gallon of paint $600

1 Gallon of reducer $80

1 Gallon of clear $140

-----------------------------------

So $820...

p.s, I found my reciept, my paint was $69+tax for the pint..

I'm pretty sure my entire can can be done with one gallon....

One gallon is ALOT ALOT ALOT ALOT ALOT ALOT ALOT :willynilly: ALOT ALOT ALOT ALOT ALOT ALOT ALOT of F'in paint!

Get a half gallon of paint and clear plus one quart of reducer. That's enough to paint the ENTIRE car and have a little less than a pint for touch ups or dings later.

PS. your getting ass raped, aka gettin' ripped off, aka gettin' jack'd with those prices.

One gallon is ALOT ALOT ALOT ALOT ALOT ALOT ALOT :willynilly: ALOT ALOT ALOT ALOT ALOT ALOT ALOT of F'in paint!

Get a half gallon. That's enough to paint the ENTIRE car and have a little less than a pint for touch ups or dings later.

PS. your getting ass raped, aka gettin' ripped off, aka gettin' jack'd

I was told by 3 different very respected body shops that my pint I bought would barely do my hood, so I would need a gallon... Take into account I would want most areas under the hood done, all jamps, and the trunk.... Something about the paint being an effect style has to go on very very thin with many coats to look right, so a lot gets wasted... Even the guy at CarQuest said I can expect that with this color... My car looks in different light looks either silver, grey, green, gunmetal.... Kinda a funky color that is even harder to bring out in photos... Photos never look the same as in real life...

I edited my post, yeah, with the GF's LS2... Not some crappy slow sunfire...

Oh yeah, I found out that Saturn will roast em without even launching hard :burnout: :lol:

I guarentee her Saturn should take a Z34 without much hassle.. I would love to get my hands on a spare L81 engine and give it some boost...

wut is "reducer"?

Basically thinner for paint so it can be sprayed.... I do believe it has another function, has to do with drying time I think...

I thought reducer is mainly to reduce the thickness of the clear when sprayed. I guess it can be used for both but Im not positive, but it's definetly used for the clear.