emblem

CutSupreme93

someone stole my emblem off the front of my car a while ago, ive heard that u jus goto a dealer n they will sell u one, so i just goto any car dealer around n they should have it?

also wut about getting paint from the dealer too, becasue i need to re do one of the panels on my car.

The emblem from the dealer is about $25... they will be able to get it for you... as for paint.. go to like a napa or some place that can match paint and mix it for you... it will be cheaper than the dealer

The emblem from the dealer is about $25... they will be able to get it for you... as for paint.. go to like a napa or some place that can match paint and mix it for you... it will be cheaper than the dealer

Napa sucks as mixing paint and the prices are outraguous... Go to CarQuest... They have more pain swatches. Hell, Napa didn't even have my paint code, but CarQuest had it and it's 5 alternates...

p.s. not any car dealer...GM... :lol: Yes, I have heard of many many many times people going, for example, to a Nissan Dealer for Dodge parts :lol:

You could just go to a j/y too to get the emblem. For a lot less than the dealer.

One thing I have noticed, is that the emblem is kinda the first thing to suffer damage in an accident... Not to mention, it is made from about 3 layers and the 'glue' after so many years starts to suck so it falls apart pretty easy... They are $22 from a dealer... just go get a new one :lol:

You could just go to a j/y too to get the emblem. For a lot less than the dealer.

Dude, WTF! Pocket that bitch or slip it into your sock. I wish I could of done that with the Recaro seats.

I've done that plenty of times with many different parts. Use a "dab" of gorilla glue, tape it into place for at least 12hr. or overnight.

you guys must have a moron at that napa then.... cause our paint guy is awesome. thats where I got mine from...

Good, ask him if the has the ability to mixU208C Medium Dark Litchen Metallic correcty and has the alternates for it as well... If he can, he sucks :lol: and the company has not given him the proper materials to do his job right...

thx for all your help its much appreciated

im talkin bout the olds rocket emblem

about how much is the paint gonna be?

That all depends on what kind you wanna buy and how much?

Dude, WTF! Pocket that bitch or slip it into your sock. I wish I could of done that with the Recaro seats.

I've done that plenty of times with many different parts.

Oh I know....I do that with all emblems lol

I've done that with dip stick, weather stripping, trims, emblems, sensors and a hella lot more.

...injectors, radios, gauge clusters, switch panels, center caps, shifter handles, fluid caps, dome lights, rearview mirrors....

edit:

...miniquad headlights :lol:

your color paint isnt cheap as there is alot of pearl and metallic in it. but itll be less than $50 for that small amount

Yeah, I got a pint of the Dupont Chroma-System in U208C (Effect style metallic) for $48. Of course you have to get clear coat and the reducer as well.

Du-pont Chromaclear came out looking good for my car. I use Dupont Deltron 2000 paints for faster coverage.

I actually don't have the clear coat yet since I ended up wanting to repaint my entire car, so I need a lot more paint. And of course clear coat which is pretty damn expensive. I think the Chromaclear was $35/qt... I will end up having about $500 in paint and such (minus primer) but the Dupont ChromaSystem is a damn good paint that is extermely durable.. Several body shops recommended it to me..

Du-pont Chromaclear came out looking good for my car. I use Dupont Deltron 2000 paints for faster coverage.

I actually don't have the clear coat yet since I ended up wanting to repaint my entire car, so I need a lot more paint. And of course clear coat which is pretty damn expensive. I think the Chromaclear was $35/qt... I will end up having about $500 in paint and such (minus primer) but the Dupont ChromaSystem is a damn good paint that is extermely durable.. Several body shops recommended it to me..

Well Christine painted with 12 coats of Dupont Deltron 2000 "Jet Black" and 12-14 coats of Dupont Chromaclear. it all comes down to the wet sanding.

Well Christine painted with 12 coats of Dupont Deltron 2000 "Jet Black" and 12-14 coats of Dupont Chromaclear. it all comes down to the wet sanding.

Good lord, how much did you end up spending on paint and clear alone... I am assuming mine is more expensive (guy at CarQuest said at least double cost of black and 30% more than metallics because it's an effect style paint) but with that many coats, DAMN!!! :willynilly:

Good lord, how much did you end up spending on paint and clear alone... I am assuming mine is more expensive (guy at CarQuest said at least double cost of black and 30% more than metallics because it's an effect style paint) but with that many coats, DAMN!!! :willynilly:

You really have to see it. Yeah, black is really cheap paint. The old color Torch Red I had on this car was very expensive. That ran me $210 for a half gallon of Dupont Deltron 2000. Now it's up to $250 for the half gallon. Find out how much you can get it for yeah?