convertibles on the road

ripp

Is there any way to find out how many cutlass convertibles are left on the road?

that will be impossible to know. LOL

the closest we can do is to detail all the ones we encounter... and get a rough sampling. I've seen maybe ten in yards... but many more on the hoof.

It is also said that the halflife of a car is 7 years. I do not believe this number is as accurate for the reliability and collectability... since this is no average car, but lets use it.

complex math aside... the average vert was made in 94. 25,000 about were made. that was almost 14 years ago. so 1/2 of 1/2... would hypothetically mean that 1/4 of the 25,000 still exist. 6250 verts would exist statistically.

hows that?

if we could factor in how many have been saved, rebuilt due to their collectible nature etc etc etc... we'd get a better idea.

I look for them all the time in yards and on the road. Iknow of 3 that are now small little cubes.At car shows I see some cars with signs that someone did up, showing how many of that car are on the road , and how many are in mich.I love the verts having had a 92 ,93 and 2 94's trying to get a 91 right now.

In 2 years, I have seen ONE in the salvage yard in person - it was raped for anything I could get. LOL I've seen one that was in an auction and ended up in a salvage yard. I've seen 3 red cars, 3 teal cars and 1 white car besides mine. I saw the white car once about a year ago and never saw it again until April when it reappeared ACROSS THE STREET. I've since adopted it and have put a TON of work into it and now it's getting parked for a 1994 Olds 88 Royale and just going to be a weekend cruiser. I see one of the teal cars on occasion but never parked (that one is PERFECT), another teal car I have seen twice (needs a LOT of help) and I've seen the last teal car twice, the first time I saw it was on a small car lot and it was a really nice shape. The next time I saw it, the top was ripped, the windshield was smashed and it had been wrecked at least twice.

Do a car-part.com search for a convertible only universal part 90-95 and see how many diff cars come up at any distance that will show you all the verts that are sitting at salvage yards that use that databasing system....

Do a car-part.com search for a convertible only universal part 90-95 and see how many diff cars come up at any distance that will show you all the verts that are sitting at salvage yards that use that databasing system....

I do that...:D

In fact, I may be taking another part time job at a yard...Kind of miss it.

There seems to be lots of verts around where I live. I can think of 5 off the top of my head in the small town I live in, plus the 3 in my family.

There is one rich guy in town I know that bought his brand new off the showroom floor in 90 (or whatever the first year for them was) and it has about 10,000 miles on it now. It is black with red interior. The thing it sooooo clean.

-Sean

Is there any way to find out how many cutlass convertibles are left on the road?

that will be impossible to know. LOL

the closest we can do is to detail all the ones we encounter... and get a rough sampling. I've seen maybe ten in yards... but many more on the hoof.

It is also said that the halflife of a car is 7 years. I do not believe this number is as accurate for the reliability and collectability... since this is no average car, but lets use it.

complex math aside... the average vert was made in 94. 25,000 about were made. that was almost 14 years ago. so 1/2 of 1/2... would hypothetically mean that 1/4 of the 25,000 still exist. 6250 verts would exist statistically.

hows that?

if we could factor in how many have been saved, rebuilt due to their collectible nature etc etc etc... we'd get a better idea.

I don't think they're collectibles YET. In the future, yes.

i dont see too many either. I know of two others in town that I see parked (at their jobs), and in the summer theres a 90 or 91 that ive seen a few times. thats pretty much it, other than a guy that collects them that I've talked to once when he came into the store, but i;ve only seen him like once in the last year (the car at least)

There are TONS of verts up here..

there was a white/white/white one in the JY last year and a white/black/black one in the yard this year

I saw 2 verts today on my drive through town too- both white, one had a black top, the other had a white top. Theres a red vert with a black top running around that I see all the time too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I see about 3-4 around here(Lillington, NC) every once in a while. All are 93-95's. I have the only one that I have seen pre-93. I did see one 88 pace car about 13 years ago, thats when I knew I wanted a w-body vert!! I had an 88 coupe at the time.

One less...My car's IDENTICAL TWIN...

01011101150001160020080229428f781dcb5eeece1300ec30.jpg

Yes, if I get this car, the best of the seats will be going into my car and the rest will be for sale...I will also be using as much as my van will hold and as much as my wife won't kill me over.

I've bought six 92-95 Cutlass convertibles in the US on eBay in the past 3 1/2 years and brought them back to Canada. Here is a breakdown:

1. 1994 3.4 teal black roof - 65,000 miles - mine - immaculate my keeper

2. 1994 3.4 teal black roof - 80,000 miles - mine - I put new carpet and roof on it, needs a bit of body work

3. 1992 3.1 red black roof - 130,000 original paint - mine - very good condition, my summer daily driver

4. 1992 3.1 red white roof - 140,000 miles original paint - sold 2 years ago to a co-worker

5. 1992 3.1 white white roof - 100,000 miles original paint - sold to my brother 2 years ago

5. 1995 3.4 teal tan roof - 72,000 miles excellent condition - sold to a co-worker 2 1/2 years ago

I live in Canada's smallest province Prince Edward Island, population approx. 130,000. Along with 5 of the 6 that I brought back, there are 5 others on the island - a red 1992, a red 1994, a white 1992, a mid-blue 1993, and a teal 1993 in poor shape on a dealer's lot.