what do you think ??

Guest alpahgtp

Guest alpahgtp

well, I had my car for about 6 years now, I got these wheels, and then got tired of them and sold them to a friend, now he's talking about selling his car, and I'm kinda selfish and I don't want anybody that I don't know with those wheels, I love them and they were my first big investment on my car, kinda sentimental :redface: but, I told him to sell them back to me instead, do you like them as much as I do or I'm just crazy and I should just let them go??

321920_6_full.jpg

It's all a matter of personal opinion. IMO they don't stick out enough. If that was my car I would go with a larger rim and more backspacing.

As for not wanting someone else you don't know having them, join the club. Suck it up. Thats the price you pay for being an automotive enthusiast!

Still that car is SICK! :drool:

Guest alpahgtp

well about the price, it would be cheap, I sold them to him for 800, kinda as a borrow thing, he bought a 98 gp then we put them on that car and never got them off, he was so happy with them that I just felt like it was his turn to enjoy them, but now he wants to sell his car!! I would get them back for something around 400, they are in very good condition, we took pretty good care of them, he works with me so I always made sure he did lol, about being kinda tucked in there, that was one of the reasons I sold them, it never really got me happy, but on the other hand I always received compliments on them,

still, even though I don't like the look of them, if he bought them for 800 and is going to sell them back for 400, do it, and either sell them off again and get something better, or buy some spacers to push them out a bit. If I were you I would do it (if i had the $)

Yeah, let them go and move on. Those are so last season... he he he :lol: . They don't fit the GP any how. $400 bucks is too much anyways. Definetly not worth it. You can buy a nice pair of 18"s off ebay with that money.

Yeah, let them go and move on. Those are so last season... he he he :lol: . They don't fit the GP any how. $400 bucks is too much anyways. Definetly not worth it. You can buy a nice pair of 18"s off ebay with that money.

Tires alone are close to $400 :wink:, but anyway I think I'm going to get them, since I have my car as a project/race/toy car, I only drive it on the weekends (if lucky), i already have two sets of crosslaces, and whenever I had the 18's on my car, they turned lots of heads, for good or bad but who cares, lol. But really I'm going to try to make some money from them, any buyers ?? LOL

Tires alone are close to $400 :wink:, but anyway I think I'm going to get them, since I have my car as a project/race/toy car, I only drive it on the weekends (if lucky), i already have two sets of crosslaces, and whenever I had the 18's on my car, they turned lots of heads, for good or bad but who cares, lol. But really I'm going to try to make some money from them, any buyers ?? LOL

What size wheels are those? They look like 16"s from the pictures. I've resold many sets of wheels in my day and $400 is not bad if the tires are brand new with less than 1,000 miles on them. I wonder if all the caps are in good shape too and the lip. Seems like there would be curb rash and the caps would probably be cracked. What kinda a tire does he have on those? I'm wondering what tires cost that much in that size.

Let them go, they are shit!!! I have seen a set of wheels like that sell for $250 plus shipping on ebay two weeks ago with brand new off brand tires on them. Picking them up for $400 is about what you can expect to get back out of them you wont make any money off them. If you want thm because you are going to use them and you like them then pick them up....

They are discount tire specials.

Do you wanna sell your crosslaces?

Nop, sorry. I acually use both of them, one set is gunmetal w/alum lip,has cheap used tires to do burnouts and to daily(weekdays)drive, and the other set is black w/ alum lip, and that one has fuzion tires for autocross/race. and this chromies would be for shows/looks. MAYBE ?? :wink: and going back to the 18's, they have Sumitomo tires, don't remember the size, but they are fairly new, the wheels and center caps are in very good condition...

• 2 weeks later...