6x9 fitment

synistershadows

yeah i just put in my set of infinity's 2 kappa 6x9's and 2 reference 4x6's and i cant to slightly modify all the mounting spots but itt still looks stock :smile:

I didn't have a problem with my Alpine 6x9s. Just held them up and ran self tapping screws to the sheet metal. Whats seems to be the hold up? Don't the cutlass'es have those speaker pods for the rear?

yes but the magnest on the infinity's are soo big that they barely fit into the hole and the magnet support gets in the way so i just shaved it down a bit a got them in

yes but the magnest on the infinity's are soo big that they barely fit into the hole and the magnet support gets in the way so i just shaved it down a bit a got them in

Magnet supports? Are you saying that you are using the factory brackets that hold up the rear speakers with the wire clip? They will not fit most aftermarket speakers, mostly only OEM replacement that you would find at a Murrays or Advanced Auto.

what magnet supports and brackets? I am confused.

there is the shelf with a plastic pod that has tabs and screws. most aftermarket 6x9s will fit in them. just not infinity.

but you can have 5 inch components back there and use sound deadener to kind of seal them off and they will sound decent.

6x9s just kind of free air it with very little separation. thats why they are undesireable. plus the sub will throw them off with its large bass waves.

I remember when my brother used to have Kenwood Excelon 7x10s with a Kenwood Amp. Those things sounded like 8" woofers. I think they were 3-way speakers. They came with adapters to replace 6x9's. Pyle still makes 7x10's, 4-ways. They look awesome. Link below.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=267-733&CFID=10611695&CFTOKEN=61613910