Top Posters In This Topic

• Garrett Powered

• synistershadows

• 19Cutlass94

• Ryan from Ohio

#1 brand in the world.....JL audio

2. boston, memphis, many more

3. x-tant, cadence, many more.

there are so many american speaker builders its sick. hell I wouldnt even buy focals even though they are like the best out of japanese stuff. they are too overpriced.

chinese stuff like taint brand and infinity are so underbuilt. why waste time with that crap? dont recommend that, c-mon man.

all kenwood is.... I dont know where they make that. any one know?

If I wanted some cheap 4-way 6x9s go with stony, they are more american than most of the garbage. they have a pretty wide range of semi-decent disposable bang-for-your-buck. it is what it is.

a 6x9 is what it is. the only reason to hate them is when your sub throws it off with moving air behind it and distorting the sound. definately 5 inch speakers would sound better in there with the hole taped over. 6 inch are too big.

I think Ryan's boyfriend didnt pound him hard enough last night so he's mad. :lol: Its not my fault! :mrgreen:

Im a bit bewildered how it seems newbs have taken over many of these forums?

Chris where you at?

First off Im not busting the Original Posters balls. He obviously isnt sure and is seeking help- I respect that. Im busting the balls of people giving some crappy advice who think they know what they are talking about- but clearly do NOT.

I gave the Original Poster real world advice from experiences Ive had that probably predates the time when you first got your license.

"This is true in a way but very wrong." huh come again?

"Each speaker’s sound needs to travel a certain distance to supply the best sound. A speaker sounds very bad if installed to close your ears. Rear deck speakers tend to need about 6-7 feet of travel for optimum sound and tweeters about 7' for better sound. 4x6 are about 4-5' for best sound."

WTF? Measure from a 6x9 opening to your head rest Einstein. Then a dash speaker, door speaker and a kick pod. This is the biggest crock of shit Ive read on this forum yet. Hell its worse than most the crap Garret Powered spews, which is pretty bad... Consider on axis and off axis. Gain some aspect.

You buy RF wire at Best Buy? :lol: wow! http://www.knukonceptz.com and I wont buy anything but anymore. Its the best and the absolute best priced hands down. Ive run a fair amount of wire over the past years also ;)

there are so many american speaker builders its sick. hell I wouldnt even buy focals even though they are like the best out of japanese stuff. they are too overpriced.

chinese stuff like taint brand and infinity are so underbuilt. why waste time with that crap? dont recommend that, c-mon man.

all kenwood is.... I dont know where they make that. any one know?

If I wanted some cheap 4-way 6x9s go with stony, they are more american than most of the garbage. they have a pretty wide range of semi-decent disposable bang-for-your-buck. it is what it is.

a 6x9 is what it is. the only reason to hate them is when your sub throws it off with moving air behind it and distorting the sound. definately 5 inch speakers would sound better in there with the hole taped over. 6 inch are too big.

I think Ryan's boyfriend didnt pound him hard enough last night so he's mad. :lol: Its not my fault! :mrgreen:

:lol:

Are you Manvilles relation or what? Secret stalker of his?

Its funny to see people that dont know crap lead the pack...lol. What even better are the followers of these people...

The truth is there is no #1 manufacturer out there as each manufacturer has its strengths and weaknesses. Another issue is, what really defines who is #1 or the "best"?

All I can say is anyone who buys into some of the advice Ive seen in this thread will be VERY unhappy.

Chris where you at?

I got sick of the idiocy in this section, and have since decided to stay out until I have finished my FAQ. On MS Word, it's somewhere well over 20+ pages long.

You buy RF wire at Best Buy? :lol: wow! http://www.knukonceptz.com and I wont buy anything but anymore. Its the best and the absolute best priced hands down. Ive run a fair amount of wire over the past years also ;)

Those kits don't come with shit. There is no amp kit with the needed items. The rockford kit includes power wire, ground wire, fuse holder, fuse, 2 sets of premium RCA cables, remote wire, multiple fuse holder and every piece needed for mounting. My sister works at best buy where I can get that kit "at price". Bo-yah!

Well I have my own opinion also. I like Kenwood Excelon for the price and overall quaily. Definetly a brand Im sticking with for a long time.

Chris where you at?

I got sick of the idiocy in this section, and have since decided to stay out until I have finished my FAQ. On MS Word, it's somewhere well over 20+ pages long.

True that, its like the stupid blind leading the clueless blind around...

And it propagates...

Its funny on these car specific boards... Most have a car audio section. Most are full of people dead set on a select few brands, and many are young guys (sub 21). In which case these people know it all and have done it all. I see people building boxes out of OSB and commenting on building boxes like this for others. I see people encouraging it... This is why this hobby is starting to suck. Mindless idiots doing dumb stuff with even bigger idiots backing them up?

:willynilly:

Im sorry for sounding harsh on my last post.

I understand not everyone knows this hobby that well and we all start somewhere. I tend to get a bit irritated when bad practices are praised and encouraged though.

I get even more irritated when someones BS being spewed to try and influence a poor unknowing person seeking help- to go in the right direction.

OK, just saw the thread. I am a SQ guy, so I allways do research on the frequency that a speaker can output, the sensitivity and last- the "rated" power, which is like selling colored gumballs to blind kids. So when going to different manufasturers and comparing, Pioneer got them beat on allmost all speakers. A few years ago Kenwood came close and went back to bad again. Now Sony's explod series has some good stuff, but I haven't followed the stereo stuff in the last 3 years, I will share the specs on my Pioneer 6x9 - 25-32000Hz and my 15" sub 15-1500Hz. Yes, 15Hz, now that is some DEEP base and when paired with a couple of 6x9's in boxes(1cu.ft.) the setup has all the deep base and punch from the 350W 6x9's. So that's my opinion and probably not the best out there.

Chris where you at?

True that, its like the stupid blind leading the clueless blind around...

And it propagates...

Its funny on these car specific boards... Most have a car audio section. Most are full of people dead set on a select few brands, and many are young guys (sub 21). In which case these people know it all and have done it all. I see people building boxes out of OSB and commenting on building boxes like this for others. I see people encouraging it... This is why this hobby is starting to suck. Mindless idiots doing dumb stuff with even bigger idiots backing them up?

:willynilly:

Most people on these boards arnt looking into winning great sound awwards or being placed at center stage at a car audio show, c'mon man, were just looking into getting a good bang for our buck, half of us on here only like our cars for whats under the hood and holding us to the ground, and we come here to talk about whats good for sound over at the local best buy or circut city, to bolt in and listen loudly, or atleast untill the speakers blow, were not here to install a full component system with fiberglass enclosures and the total and complete loss of sitting space in the back seat and trunk due to the emense car audio and video backup equipment sitting in there, granted flea market install jobs and chinaman equipment arnt what were looking for, so if you have some advise to give thats on our level then by all means please, thats what were here for, but if you want to give us the run down on how we need to spend tens of thousands on our car audio, when most of our gen 1 w's are worth no more then kbb 2500 to 3000 then were gunna give you shit about it

Then you obviously are not reading my posts, open your eyes.

I made 3 practical suggestions to the original poster- outside the expert suggestion.

I realize not everyone here can afford the super high end stuff, hell I can either. I know its there and it exists however!

My suggestion on a set of 2 way 6x9's will run about $140 shipped

6.5's coaxials around $90 shipped

6x9's subwoofers about $160 shipped All new...

So I dont think Im being outrageous. The blatant stupidity around here is the only thing outrageous. Sorry to stir it up, but the record needs to be set straight.

I don't have time to read over this thread but I had a set of these Pioneers in my Cutlass. They sounded amazing and they were yellow. I haven't seen them for sale anywhere in awhile, but man I would recommend them if you can find them.

Most people on these boards arnt looking into winning great sound awwards or being placed at center stage at a car audio show, c'mon man, were just looking into getting a good bang for our buck, half of us on here only like our cars for whats under the hood and holding us to the ground, and we come here to talk about whats good for sound over at the local best buy or circut city, to bolt in and listen loudly, or atleast untill the speakers blow, were not here to install a full component system with fiberglass enclosures and the total and complete loss of sitting space in the back seat and trunk due to the emense car audio and video backup equipment sitting in there, granted flea market install jobs and chinaman equipment arnt what were looking for, so if you have some advise to give thats on our level then by all means please, thats what were here for, but if you want to give us the run down on how we need to spend tens of thousands on our car audio, when most of our gen 1 w's are worth no more then kbb 2500 to 3000 then were gunna give you shit about it

Ditto!

I don't have time to read over this thread but I had a set of these Pioneers in my Cutlass. They sounded amazing and they were yellow. I haven't seen them for sale anywhere in awhile, but man I would recommend them if you can find them.

Yeah I know which ones you are talking about. Those are the 2005 Pioneers Premiers. Those were great speakers. You could only buy those from a Pioneer Premier authorized dealer. I was a bit frightened about the yellow cones, even though I would probably never see them in my car.

What sounds good is all personal preference.

bs. either sounds good or bad.

To a point, sound can be good and bad depending on the use, you dont want all the base for some hip hop song to blare some emo rock so sound systems need to be set up for how they are used, however im pretty sure we can all agree that the nock off wally world brand getto ass speakers just will not do

What sounds good is all personal preference.

bs. either sounds good or bad.

Come on dude. Everyone's ears are shaped differently, and that also has a measurable effect on how that individual perceives sound. There are people that can hear much higher and lower frequency ranges, what sounds good to one person could sound like ass to another. That's the reason that shitty $10 Sony headphones could sound good to one person, while another might prefer Yamaha or Sennheiser.

Another thing: why the hell do you have to be a douche about these things? I'm talking about a few people in here. Can we please be a little more considerate of one another??

Agreed personal taste.

A good setup to some may be a sub hitting a 150+ dB.

To others something thats all equaled out.

Then to other something with a lot of top end.

Personally, I want a system that can get loud as hell- but still sound damned good doing it. Ive accomplished this a few times now. Its not just setup for Rock, or Rap. It should be able to sound good on any type of music. Sound good, defined: Should accurately reproduce music the way the artist intended it to be heard. Nothing less, nothing more.

well thats what I was looking for. a system thats well rounded out with good top end and low end. at the same time tuned fiberglass cabinets for the distinct midrange clarity. they must be strategically placed for integration with tweeters AND be indistinguishable from the stock look. I must be immersed in a 360 degree sonic saturation. no blank spots or weak spots. with plenty of usable trunk space. so its not that I dont agree with others when it comes to that stuff.

thats why I am saying JL has the best subwoofer technology patented and will be the best as long as they hold those patents. It has nothing to do with my opinion or allegiance to one brand.

In fact boston is crawling up on them fast because their new super woofer, the spg 555 incorporates some of the physical excursional capabilities of total air movement, or at least in the same realm almost. while at the same time weighing in at almost half the weight!!!!! 2007 is a wonderful time to be alive!!! neodymium superwoofers in the 1000 watt category yay! only 26 lbs.

the w-7 will hit lower than the boston though. but only with the mono-block 1000/1 amp though. and that amp has the lock down with the patents as well. I had that amp and it shook buildings and walls, ceilings, lamps and tilt pictures in my dads office until he got up and opened the door and shook his fist at me. the sub was supposed to hit at like 6 hz with that system before the shit got jacked.